Lux Guest house
  • Breakfast included
Battambang Resort(Battambang)
Maisons Wat Kor(Battambang)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssister hotelair conclean roomshot waterbus stopplace to stayswimming poolfree breakfastwithin easy walking distancethe riverfan roomdouble bedper nightrestaurants and barsmini fridgebamboo traingood size
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

The location near nat market and night market. Everything good staff friendly and have good air con . Bathroom and have swimming poor and have normal prizes I feel warm when I been there I love that place

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Before booking this hotel I read the many reviews here on TA and was surprised to read that some travelers rated this as the best hotel they had stayed at in Cambodia. Others said it was the worst hotel, giving it a very low rating.

I have personally stayed in dozens of similar hotels in Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand. The Lux Guest House is a typical budget hotel, the likes of which can be found all over Cambodia. It is okay, nothing more nothing less. Perfectly fine for budget travelers looking to spend $20 USD (or less), but nothing rave about.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2016

I booked in to the Lux Guesthouse for 2 nights around the middle of September, 2016. I wish I had not. I stayed at this place so I could get some work done on my laptop that I needed to do. After checking into my room I noticed that the wifi did not work and would only connect for short amounts of time. It was totally unusable.
So taking into consideration I needed to get some things done on the laptop I went down to reception and asked to change rooms, I was hoping that if I stayed in a room next to the router/modem I would get some wifi access. After waiting downstairs for around 30mins while the guys at reception made phone calls and walked and sat around they finally swapped my room. And it was another room far away from the router/modem. The wifi still did not work. The guys who work at reception were extremely unhelpful, dismissive but mostly just useless. I sat in the hallway right next to the modem/router for hours as I was able to get a low level of connection when sitting right next to it.
The room that I was swapped to was quite basic and run down and dirty.....the bathroom ceiling leaked water through a lot. To the point where you would need to be constantly movong out of the way of all the drops coming down. I just hope it was not coming from the toilet above.....although it probably was considering that most the drops were coming from directly above the toilet in my room and therefore there would likely be a toilet in the same position above the ceiling. The fan also did not work. I have attached photos of the ceiling and fan where the water was coming through.
The Lux hotel is also located at the lowest point around the town of Battambang, so when it rains it floods easily and it is not possible to walk outside the hotel unless you walk through knee deep water. I eventually did this and walked through the water after hours of being stuck in the hotel. I have attached photos of the flooded streets around the Lux Guesthouse.
After checking out I received an email from the Lux Guesthouse a couple of days later accusing me of breaking a TV, I am not surprised that their TV was broken as more things were broken than not in the room and through the hotel.
The only up side to staying here is that you can use the pool at the Deluxe hotel down the street, and the pool is quite nice. But all in all I would rate this as the worst place I have stated at in over a year of travel through many different countries.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Although marginally more expensive than most of the hotels around it, you definitely get your money's worth. Right in the center of everything you are a 2 second walk from all the best restaurants and sites. The room was clean and secure. Since there isn't a ton to do in Battambang my boyfriend and I found ourselves relaxing in our room a lot so I'm definitely glad we upgraded a bit for this stop. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The shower didn't have much pressure but at least the water was warm. Access to the Delux hotel pool right around the corner is probably very nice during dry season, it was raining most of the time we were here so we checked it out but didn't spend much there.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2016

This is by far the nicest guesthouse we stayed in throughout Cambodia!
So clean and so cheap. There is a beautiful balcony on every level that gives a great view down the street.
PS: You can even use the swimming pool around the corner!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends