“Excellent 4 hours Hike”

and up
5-Day Tour: Shanghai and Huangshan
Ranked #1 of 83 things to do in Huangshan
Reviewed 4 June 2017

We needed 4 Hours to complete the canyon with lots of photo and drinking stops!
Nice tour if you have a good fitness condition. Its about 3.300 steps to walk up but the views are absolutely worth it!
Huangshan is definitely worth a visit and this tour shows a beautiful part of the mountain area!

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"parts"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I loved the Xihai Grand Canyon!!! I didn't have time to complete the entire circuit, so I decided to only do the part of the hike and then turn around and head back.

I started at the south entrance of the grand canyon. From Beihai hotel, I had to hike over the top of bright summit, and then hike down to Baiyun hotel. The entrance to the Grand canyon is by the hotel and there are signs that will point the way.

The hike was Beautiful!!! I went during a foggy day, and I feel that the fog only enhanced the natural beauty of the area. I hiked mostly down hill until I reached Buxian/fairy stepping bridge. The views were exquisite along the way, and I spent the majority of the hike taking pictures.

I feel that the paths here were not as safe as the paths in the rest of the park. If you have little children with you, I would suggest not taking them on to this part of the hike,

Once I got to the Bridge area, I decided to turn around and hike back up, I do know that if you kept going down, there is a cable car that will take you back up, or you could hike the entire circuit.

This was by far the highlight of my trip to Huangshan, and I reccomend it to anyone going.

1  Thank nickpolson18
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Our first of 3 days was very wet head to Xihai Hotel we decided to take the cable car instead of hiking which was the right decision as still another 40 minute hike the the hotel. We had fairly good rain coats, an added layer of the cheap plastic rain coats sold around the mountain and also as we were walking purchased a cover for our full day pack. Still just about everything inside got wet. So if in a similar situation put all your clothes in bags.
Everyone arriving at the hotel is similar so the hotel is no doubt use to this.
The hotel is very nice clean and grande. The room is very nice.
There is no drying room at the hotel so all you have is a heated towel rail or the hair dryer which is the best.
No restaurants of the 2 are open until 5:30 so if you arrive hungry you will have to wait. We looked at the buffet restaurant and there was hardly anything we liked so went to the a la Carter and had a pretty good meal almost 2000 meters up in the mountains where it is all trekked in. Had a Great Wall sav which was nice.
All TV channels maybe 60 are Chinese:).
As for the hiking I'd call is Hiking Heaven what a place spend as much time at the top as you can. Go up the east steps and down the west. It is incredible.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

If you are fairly fit, you should not miss this route. We took the cable car down to the valley. The ride down itself was interesting. And we walked up the mountain again taking this scenic route. It's a very interesting walk (uphill of course!) as Huangshan always has a surprise at every turn of a corner! You would never be bored! It took us about 3-4 hours before we completed the route to reach our hotel Shilin. It's tiring, especially our legs, but it's definitely worth it!

1  Thank Ling101028