“had a lovely stay in Michaels Inn”

Michael's Inn & Suites Yangshuo
Ranked #77 of 479 Hotels in Yangshuo County
Reviewed 4 June 2014

perfect hotel to stay in yangshou, managers and crews are really nice..! loved the mountain view from our balcony too..we will definitely come back in this hotel soon,, thank you guys so much for a very nice welcome to us

Room Tip: room at 6th floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lea_josie

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed in rooms 501 and 503, beds were comfortable, linen clean and so too the towels that were changed every day. We had a problem with the water and workers were very quick to fix the problem. Breakfast is not expensive but really not worth it. Bicycles are available for rent, even some motorbikes.

Special mention, Henry is very accommodating, making great suggestions, booked the Night Light show for us, the show is absolutely worth it, believe me, we have been to many shows, this is the best, living in China for almost 7 years, we have seen it all!

We traveled from Guilin to Yangshuo by ferry,from there it is quite a hassle getting to the hotel as transport is a bit strange!!! You need to get one of the green golf cars to take you there, fees are charged per person and not per route. Getting back to Guilin is very easy, there is a stop across from street where you take the bus back to Guilin, trip is under 2 hours and at a cost of 20¥.

Room Tip: Any room should be great, we had two and both were nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SAinnanjing
Michael W, Manager at Michael's Inn & Suites Yangshuo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Van Der Merwe Elizabeth Susanna
Thank for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at The Michael's Inn & Suites. We will certainly discuss your comments and rich our Breakfast.I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back for another great stay. All the best for your family.

Henry Liu

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Travelling solo, searching for inspiration as a writer, I was frugal with my choices of hotels. This beautiful dwelling nestled in the hills of Yangshuo was a surprise. The friendly atmosphere of the decor and services, especially when a thick crusted pizza with mountains of cheese showed up
in front of me, I then made sure the price of the room is the right quote and that I am not in Italy. My room is immaculate yet inviting, the bed is so, so comfortable with fast Wi Fi, the staffs are well trained and speaks excellent English. I stayed one more night just to enjoy the walking, and took a bus to Guilin. (The bus stop is right in front of the hotel). I recommend this cozy gem of a hotel to
all. Happy stay to you.

Room Tip: My room faces the hills, all windows are generously big. You have a full view of a water-colour pai...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank emma l
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed there with my wife for two nights. I was surprised how cute and European the place is. Bed is firm and gave me a very nice night of sleep. It is convenient and the bus to Guilin is right in front of its door. Room is exceptional clean and cozy with all the things that you need for a traveller. I dined in the hotel as it was raining. They offer excellent pasta and pizzas, not to mention the delicious beer treated fish. Everything exceeds my expectations and exceptional. What a cozy place with European style in a small town of China.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We loved the hotel.
The room was very nice and looked towards apartment buildings, so you can onserve the locals.
The staff was super friendly and helpful. Ask them for a map.
The breakfast and coffee were very good.
You should know this hotel is about a 25 min walk from West street. We loved the walk and saw all kinds of cool people and shops along the way.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family