Mudu Lee Royal International Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat hotelwestern restaurantrestaurant staffbe carefulhotel roomrecommend this hotelshaolin templemiswifichinesetaxiyuan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed here one night, the room was very good, with plenty of space.

The buffet breakfast is one of the most comprehensive I have ever seen ..... it was huge.

A modern bathroom with everything you need.

The bed was a little hard for me, but maybe that's a personal preference.

All the staff were outstanding, very welcoming and helpful.

It is a little bit away from the shops, but is in a much quieter area which will suit some.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2015

We stayed at the Holiday Inn across the road and looked for dinner in the area decided to try the Lee Royal.
The staff could not be more helpful and feeling only a little hungry chose a la carte rather than buffet.
My son was very happy with the burger, as was I with the club sandwich.
Good western food in this area of Luoyang.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2014

This hotel is highly rated by the hotel rating system in China and indeed it has a lot
of good qualities. I make a distinction between hotel designed for Chinese citizens
and those designed for western citizens as there are differences.

As always a Chinese hotel has an impressive lobby with a ceiling three stories high
with impressive art behind the check-in desk and plenty of granite used on the floors
and columns.

The breakfast buffet is outstanding as is all the food in general. The staff is well trained and
attentive and enough English is spoken to manage needed communications.

Our room was on a non-smoking floor, thankfully. Upon entering the room, one walks into
the bathroom where there are clear glass doors to the toilet and shower cubicles.
Proceeding forward, the bed, desk and couch can be found. The bathroom can be sectioned
off by a sliding door which when closed, reveals the closet and when opened, access to the
bathroom is granted.

We found this arrangement a bit awkward especially when desiring to use the toilet where
no privacy is afforded given the clear glass door and to a lesser degree the shower. The
carpet was in great need of cleaning as was our companions in three other rooms. Also, if
wanting a dim light left on in the bathroom during sleep time, the sliding door had to be
closed to keep the light out of bedroom area. So if nature called during the night, the
sliding door had to be used.

The other item of note was that the elevator system was insufficient just before 8 AM when most
of hotel occupants needed to descend. We solved this by using the service elevator.

The lobby bar is clearly not western friendly as the staff only knows how to serve tea, coffee, wine,soda, or beer. The drink menu showed an elaborate selection of cocktails, but the bar did not have any mix ingredients and even if it did, the staff would not have the skill to make a cocktail.

We have travelled all over China and with rare exception, the experience with the lobby bar was been repeated again and again.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Thor13
Reviewed 30 October 2014

This hotel met or exceeding my expectation. When we landed in Luoyang and drove to the hotel through some frankly depressing parts of the city - with horrible smog on the day we arrive - this hotel was a bit of an oasis. Beds were VERY firm/hard - but the room was nice appointed and clean. Breakfast buffet was quite good. Not a lot of English spoken - but we managed and the staff really tried (and their English was certainly better than my Chinese. If I found myself back in Luoyang - I'd stay there again. Checkout the Longman Grottoes - they are quite special and a UNESCO Heritage site

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank robg1356
Reviewed 4 October 2014

The hotel met or exceeded our expectations for a 41/2 to 5 star hotel. The inclusive breakfast was extensive with lots of seating area. Lots of healthy fresh food choices but too heavily slanted towards Chinese selections for my taste. Our room was ginormous, quiet and very comfortable. In the words of another reviewer, the bathroom area was quite swish. The fitness centre was adequate but not 5 star. Some of the fitness machines seemed of a poor make and hard to adjust. Also, not much selection as the room was small. At the time of our visit, the pool was freezing. We ate our lunches and dinners elsewhere while we were touring so I can only comment on breakfast. Great place to stay as long as you're picked by by your tour company for the day as there is no reason to take a stroll in the area.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple