Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
US$114
US$170
  • Breakfast included
US$90
All reviewsgalleria mallshula's steakhouseclub levelrooftop poolself parkingroom servicenice hotelfront desk staffper daythe room was nicebusiness tripstaff was friendlynice staydefinitely stay here againleonvaletconference
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Very nice clean place to stay. Well worth the money. Very clean and polite staff. Would stay there in the future. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends. Easy access to events around the hotel and shopping.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattRegencyBhm, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your recent stay and your kind words about the Hyatt Regency Birmingham. We look forward to your return visit. All the best.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We were offered early check in which was a great surprise. The location is fantastic as it is attached to the Galleria shopping centre. We had dinner in the Hyatt restaurant which was divine and also had their buffet breakfast in the morning. The buffet breakfast was one of the best we have had as there was so much fresh fruit (including berries) and was great value at $18USD. The beds were really comfortable and the staff were really helpful and friendly

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay and your kind words about the Hyatt Regency Birmingham. We are very partial to the great food as well, the new menu is fantastic.

We are pleased you enjoyed the stay and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

The sales rep who sold me the package was great. He found a way to give me what I was looking for. He listened to me and kept me from looking elsewhere for a hotel. At check in the front desk person kind and personable. She was genuinely friendly and smiled. This was a great Mother's Day Weekend and a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you experienced a great stay from our sales process through the check out. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Safe travels.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

I checked into this hotel for a weeklong work conference. On the first morning after check in, I found that the room was infested with bedbugs. My clothes were also infested, and my luggage and shoes were likely infest. The staff quarantined all of my clothes, except for a pair of gyms shorts, a t shirt, and slippers. The hotel management verbally authorized me to purchase new clothes so that I could join my conference after lunch (the stores in the mall opened at 10:00 a.m., so I missed a half a day of the conference). I spent a modest $160 on an “on sale” t-shirt, “on sale” jeans, and a pair of decent shoes; the hotel promised to reimburse me.

Additionally, the hotel's “solution” for cleaning my shoes and luggage was to run them in a hot drier. My running shoes are now falling apart.

I spent the rest of the week itching, and being paranoid that I had bed bugs. I also was known as the “bed bug guy” at my conference. Nice.

Two weeks after I returned home, I still had not received reimbursement for my out of pocket costs (and now, almost a month later, I still do not). I submitted a complaint to corporate. A week later, no substantive response from corporate. I again emailed them. They told me that the investigation of my complaint would take as long as ANOTHER TWO WEEKS. They are obviously investigating a lot of bed bug complaints at Hyatt...

My advice: if you're in Hoover, AL, sleep in a dumpster. You and your belongings may become infested with vermin, just like at the Hyatt; but at least the trash bags won't lie to you.

P.S.: this TA Certificate of Excellence is a joke. If you work for Mercedes-Benz, which has a production facility 20 minutes from the hotel, you may get a nicer room. Anyone else, bring the bug spray.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms they give to Mercedes-Benz employees (i.e., the ones without bed bugs).
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Mr. McGowan -
Thank you for your review. As we discussed via other mediums, this mater has been closed and you were fully refunded for your expenses. We apologize for any inconvenience you believe we caused and appreciate you connecting with us.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

The Hotel is a great Value and location to shopping and numerous restaurants. We have always enjoyed our stays. Whether it is for business or shopping they are always accommodating. We would recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for your kind words about the Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey hotel. We strive to make each guest experience enjoyable and it is refreshing to know that you had such a great visit. Appreciate the feedback and certainly look forward to you visiting us again soon.