“Great sushi and ambiance”
Review of Abhi

Abhi
Ranked #169 of 977 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Had the dragon breath roll. It was very good. The decor and staff are friendly and helpful. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

After a day of shopping at the Summit we happened upon Abhi and decided to stop in for an early dinner. It was the best decision we made all day. The atmosphere is open and relaxed. The service was friendly and attentive. Most importantly the food was spectacular. After enjoying the meal so much I learned that Abhi's touch has been felt at Surin, Blue monkey, he is also the executive Chef at Bamboo, and I am told is opening a place in the Pizits food hall - specializing in dumplings. Speaking of... we started with dumplings that were lite, fresh and full of flavor. Sushi was both beautiful and delicious, and who could believe a noodle bowl could have so much flavor.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I dined here on a Monday night. We were both starving so we ordered the green beans and momos to share. We've eaten at Bamboo on 2nd multiple times and we love both those appetizers- they are the same at Abhi! I ordered the poke bowl and my boyfriend ordered two rolls (spicy tuna roll and special roll of the night- Summit Roll). The poke bowl was AMAZING! So filling with many different flavors and textures that all meshed together perfectly. The rolls were delicious too- the summit roll was very light and fresh (tuna and salmon). The spicy tuna roll had an aioli on it but it was a very light, spicy aioli, not the typical thick mayonnaise-y aioli at most sushi places. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We totally enjoyed out first visit, this was a 4.5 star. The dumplings are a must...they are addictive: I believe i could eat them everyday . The lolllipop sized lamb chops were tender, browned and flavored with Middle East flavors. OUr sushi selections were both good: we preferred the Sexy Lady! These were sized and cur correctly into bite sized pieces: a pet peeve of mine as so many American sushi places incorrectly cut huge pieces that are impossible to bite into mouth sized portions.
Our service was smooth: our server was maybe not our fav, but she was efficient and knew the menu well. We went early, no reservations but they filled up quickly so you might want to call ahead. Plenty of room at the bar for you if not. These are flavors that Birmingham needs: Lets support this establishment!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

New restaurant from the same chef behind Bamboo. Excellent sushi, the flavors were more pronounced than most sushi I have had before. The Nepali curry was very good, hard to find other examples of Nepali food but the closest comparison I can make is Indian. The appetizers are all wonderful, we tried several.

The menu is set up for sharing so you can bring friends and try several things.