All reviewsfive pointsfull kitchenfront desksized refrigeratoron site parkingkitchen areaone bedroom suitesales managerstove topoatmealwalking distanceparking feean extended staysmall kitchenroom was spotlessconvenient locationno exception
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I love staying at Residence for the full size fridge and stovetop. Everything was great and the room clean and fresh smelling. The only complaint I would have is the parking. If you arrive late, you may have to park on the street.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor (713) and the view wasn't that great but I travel for my job so the view isn't a big deal for me. This room is near the elevator but I didn't hear anything that kept me awake. I liked the room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stay at the hotel a couple times a year and have always had a great clean room and the staff is very good. The hotel is within walking distance of great food and nightlife. Parking is our only issue.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed one night on our way to FL. Our experience at this hotel was just OK. We didn't hate it, but we are also not racing to hurry back. Average room, average breakfast, average hotel parking. Average. My sister and her hubby got stuck in the elevator the night of our stay. So, there was that. It was fine for what we needed - a clean room for a night's stay while on a road trip. But if we were to return to Birmingham for an extended stay, I'm confident we'd book a reservation at another hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice room and beautifully appointed hotel. Everything met my high expectations. Downtown and the civil rights area are radial accessible by car and public transportation. We had no problem with parking. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Birmingham.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank drhalfpint
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were visiting Birmingham to see the Elton John concert and we didn't want to have to make the long drive back home after the concert, so we booked this hotel. Even though the hotel is billed as being within walking distance of the BJCC, it's more than a mile away, which is a stroll during the day, but a little more challenging when you're dodging cars trying to and from g the concert in a not-so-great part of town. The hotel's primary clientele are family and friends of patients at UAB hospital, which is right across the street from the hotel. So, don't expect free parking and don't expect to get any sleep if constant ambulance sirens keep you up at night.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Karen S, General Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We are located 1.68 miles from the BJCC which is on the north side of Birmingham. I apologize if you were given incorrect information on the distance from the hotel. We typically recommend a cab to the BJCC to all of our guests, as it is a busy area during concerts. We apologize that you experienced ambulance noise during your stay. Thank you for your feedback.