All reviewsair worked wellcoffee potfront officeroom was cleanbooked this hotelbath towelsroad tripwould stay againstaff was very friendly
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stay at this place every time I come to Birmingham. It is not the best, but it has all the comforts you need for a business trip at a good price. It is close to Surin 281 which is a good Thai place and the Tilted Kilt which has great cold beer and decent scenery ;) Overall decent place to stay, make sure you bring a good pillow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our hotel, prices and the restaurants close by. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the good stay at an affordable price, however we will make sure you have better pillows on your next stay here. If the ones in the room are not to your liking then please come to the front desk to request additional pillows at no charge.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Because my reason for being there was medical and I had been referred by the American Cancer Society, I was just grateful for a place to stay that near my treatment facility. I was alone there but felt completely safe. The room was good, everything was clean. But if you are looking for a FIVE star hotel, this is not the place to stay. There was a coffee pot in my room with coffee in a packet for the next morning. When I needed additional coffee and creamer, it was given to me with a smile. The parking was very adequate, the staff friendly. I actually feel I got a lot more than I paid for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for posting such an outstanding review. I am so excited to know that you felt safe during your stay at our hotel even though you traveled alone for your trip. Also, I am glad that our staff provided you with all request courteously and gave great customer service during your stay.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The comment below is what I wrote to their HQ...

My daughter and I stayed at the Extended Stay America-Birmingham Perimeter South on HWY 280 in Birmingham on October 19th,2013 for one night. We came in town for a funeral. One of the worst nights of my life! Our bed was not clean. Yes, it had been made, but not cleaned. The sheets had pee stains and under the pillow was a dead bug. The try that carried sugar for coffee at the bottom had cigarette stains as someone used it for an ash tray. The microwave had stains all on the inside and outside, the bathroom shower had not been cleaned as well. We checked in around 11am but only to get our keys before heading to the funeral. So, when we returned that night around midnight to find a terrible room the office was closed. The next morning at check out we informed the guest clerk of the experience, even showed her the pictures (which we still have if you want to see..) She texted the Manager (who she said does not work on Sundays) and he advised her to refund our stay. After having to sleep in a chair and my daughter slept sitting upward on top of the comforter, the hotel manager never personally called to apologize, not even the days to follow. That is my second time going there to a dirty room and will be my last. As someone who has used your hotel brand many times, the service received is unacceptable. I will be posting this to Trip Advisor as well as the BBB!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Seethaworld

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for not providing you with an acceptable stay. I discussed your comments with our staff, and we are making sure all of our beds are cleaned to perfection, and that all guest rooms are inspected prior to check-in to ensure your experience is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at hw2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel. No ice. No cork screw. One spoon. Mechanical squeaking sounds through the wall all day and night. Front desk staff were not helpful.

"Grab and Go" breakfast consisted of breakfast bars, oatmeal, and fruit. When I went at 8:00 am, the coffee urns were empty and I had to wait for them to brew more.

Located directly behind two restaurants -- Surin 280 and Tilted Kilt. If you like scantily clad young waitresses or pricey Thai food, this hotel is for you.

Not particularly expensive, but not a particularly good value either.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I'm glad that your stay was "very okay" but upset that it wasn't great. We do have ice trays in our full-size refrigerators, although unfortunately we do not have cork screws standard with our suites. We apologize that you had to wait for more coffee to brew at 8AM, as it is our goal to stay fully stocked at all times.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to improve upon your next stay with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

When I arrived at the hotel there was a long line at the desk. Only one person working with the phones ringing off the hook. After I finally got in I received my roon key with no direction to my room. The numbering at this hotel is crazy. When I got to the room and and lugging my stuff up the stairs the room key wouldn't work. So put my stuff in the car went back waited in line again she rescaned my key and I headed back lugged my stuff up again still didnt work. Headed back to the office, waited in line again and she gave me a new key. Went back, still didnt work went back and waited AGAIN!! Gave me a new room told me it was on the same side lugged my stuff up again room was on opposite side ugh!! Finalky got into my room one hour and fifteen min later. Room stunk, had a musky smell, had to flush the toilet because there was stool left. Bed very uncomfortable and the comforter just kept sliding off so I couldn't get warm. Overall, just a bad experience. Oh and went to the grab and go breakfast, started at 6 went at 6:15 there was only oatmeal and one granola bar.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Kerry M

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am so disappointed that you had an overall bad experience. It's unfortunate that you had to wait in a long line to check-in, as no one likes to wait for a room after a long day of travel. It's also upsetting to hear that your room smelled musty when our goal is to have fresh rooms, we would surely have moved you to an alternate room if you so desired. We will do a better job of making sure our Grab-and-Go breakfast does not run out at any time in the morning as well. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am making sure our front desk has working key cards for you the first time you go to the room.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at hw2@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.