US$156
US$146
US$116
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

US$111
US$95
US$161
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbreakfast staffsamford universityrecommend this hotelgreat hotelroom was cleanrestaurant staffstay there againconvenient locationfront desk staffstaff was friendlyfitness centereasy accessexcellent stayenjoyed my staybusiness triphgilobby
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Over the past three years while my older son has been at Samford, my wife and I have stayed in several of the hotels at this Homewood exit. For this trip, we decided to try the Hilton Garden Inn since not wanting any breakfast included. (Do recommend Another Broken Egg Café over in Mountain Brook if you have time to wait and talk.) I have also stayed at HGI locations in other cities. However, our three-night experience was just average at best.
First disappointment discovered upon arrival was the inside hot tub is out-of-service.
Second was significant amount of noise travelling between rooms and hallway, thus my wife did not sleep well on the Saturday night.
Third were the pillows. For amazing, my expectations for a three-star stay is having a variety of firm and soft available. We ended up borrowing a couple of firm pillows from my son, so that I could sleep better.
Finally, housekeeping inside and out. My outside example is the can by the side entrance was regularly overflowing with some trash seen around the parking area.
In the end, we feel the price paid was not rewarded by the expected experience. Our overall preference at this exit is the Drury Inn.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank TNmountains
Brent L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am working to get the hot tub fixed as soon as possible - it should be back on line by end of March. I am also looking into the sound transfer issues and the lack of pillow options in the room. I will also review what happened, as to why the trash cans and parking lot weren't serviced as they usually are. I hate reading about experiences like yours, I wish your stay was perfect, but I honestly appreciate the feedback. We will work to improve and earn your business back.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I remember this hotel in a more favorable way on past visits, but in keeping positive I would say the best thing about this place is JUSTIN - JUSTIN -JUSTIN. His personality and desire to please this customer surpassed my unhappiness over a less than tidy room. He actually went up to my room (it was after housecleaning had left) and took care of the problem himself. Can't ask for better service than that:)

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Brent L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We LOVE to hear that members of our team are exceeding our guests expectations!! We are also addressing your concerns regarding the cleanliness of your room. Thank you again for your feedback and loyalty!

Reviewed 9 February 2018

One of the best me and my family has stayed in. I would highly recommend this hotel to others. If the girl at the front desk name is Khrystonae I hope she don't make you as uncomfortable as she did me and my boyfriend. Overall the stay was GREAT!!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Since your review, we have made changes to the Front Desk team.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Very disappointed in this hotel due to maintenance issues not taken care of properly during stay and quality of food offered. A healthier menu for the guest would be a great choice for those who travel for a living.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank sondraw880
Reviewed 30 January 2018

We were in an accessible room with a very low toilet. Couldn’t adjust thermostat in room and had to call maintenance. He fixed that but couldn’t adjust the desk chair. Dinner there took 45 minutes to prepare and was very mediocre. Need I go on?

Stayed: January 2018