“A good Hampton experience”

Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 April 2017

All Hamptons are not created equal. This one, although getting some age on it, is well managed and is everything you would expect from the chain. The only remark I would make is that the king bed we had was not as firm as most, but that is a matter of personal preference. Breakfast open until 10 on a weekday was definitely a plus as we are not early birds. There are several restaurants in the immediate area, although none adjacent. We tried an Asian one called the Black Pearl which was very good. Access from and to I-65 is simple. The hotel is located within site of the interstate and traffic is slightly audible especially from the front side so request a room on the rear to ameliorate that if it bothers you.

Room Tip: Back side away from elevator
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Thank you for your good review and for staying here with us. Please return again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

I had to temporarily relocate family members due to plumbing issues. I was able to check them in early. My mother is on a walker and my sister is in a wheel chair. The staff was kind, understanding and generous. The rooms were comfortable. Everyone there was extremely helpful. A very stressful situation was a lot easier thanks to Hampton Inn in Homewood, Al

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We were glad to be of assistance during that time. Thank you for your good review of our hotel the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. We hope the next time your family stays with us it will be under better circumstances.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Everyone is always so friendly and helpful! The manager is always visible and cordial. The staff is always willing to help. If there's an issue they are very prompt to correct it. We stay here once a month and won't stay anywhere else! Great job!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Thank you for your compliments to our staff. We are glad you continue to stay here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive and would like to thank you for your loyalty. Your good review is appreciated.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

This Hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice. I would give it a 5 star Hotel! We drove up from Florida to see a loved one that was in the hospital and decided to book the room at this Hampton. Brenda checked us in she welcomed us with a beautiful smile! Her Boss was also present at the time and he also welcomed us and asked us where we were from and made conversation with us we were important at the precise moment!! This is why I will continue to stay at the Hamptons and visit this Hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

We hope all is going good for your loved one. Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel such a good review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip and was nicely Surprised. VERY big room, quiet and staff was friendly. Bathroom was clean and tidy. Breakfast had good options. Although it's close to the highway, it really wasn't noisy. Only issue or improvement is get a bigger TV. It was VERY small. But other than that the cleanliness made it a good spot to hang up my travel gear and rest.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a good review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to be seeing you again soon.