US$156
US$127
US$116
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

US$97
US$95
US$161
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleansamford universitystate farmstaff was friendlythe breakfast areanice hotelstay there againwould highly recommend this hotelconvenient locationrestaurants and shoppingeasy accessnext morningfront desk staffgreat place to stayone night staynice staybusiness trip
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We stayed here once before and had terrible problems with the bill. But the location makes it so convenient to one of our children's colleges that we tried it again.

On the plus side, I am not fighting for a refund like the first time, and the person at the front desk was friendly.

On the negative side . . . we check in to a room that had coins on the floor, a bug on a the bed (I get that can happen, this is The South, ya know?!), hair on the sheets under the duvet, and hair in the shower. I called the front desk, and she told us to go to another room. Which we did.

We check in to that room, and there were numerous hairs in the shower and a used washrag hanging on the shower rod. At that point, I was just over it. I cleaned the shower myself and was just glad the beds were clean.

I think I will try for a little less convenient hotel on our next trip to Birmingham . . . hopefully the cleanliness will be more obvious.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. Your business is important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I have stayed multiple times at this location and always feel welcome. It is a convenient location for Samford University, Birmingham and surrounding areas. Jessica and Angela at the front desk are amazing!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you for returning again here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. We appreciate your visits and look forward to hosting you again. Your business and your good review are appreciated.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

checking our daughter in to her dorm early Saturday morning so we stayed the night at this hotel. only 3 miles from campus, and 30% cheaper than the ones closer to uab. i'll definitely stay here again if we go to a show or choral concert and don't want to drive home after.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

We hope your daughter has settled in. We are glad you chose our hotel and look forward to hosting you again. Thank you for your good review of our hotel the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

This Hampton Inn is conveniently located to the south edge of Birmingham at an accessible exit to I-65. It is clean with ample parking at all 4 sides of the building. It is a smaller Hampton property, and easy to get in and out of the hotel quickly. A small pool in the front is a nice amenity for the kids, but a little of an obstacle to accessing the main entry from that side. I would stay here again due to its convenience, helpful staff and cleanliness.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you would return again. Thank you for your good review.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We were moving our daughter to college. Wish we had a room on other side of building to cut down on noise level from highway. We were on 6th floor and heard cars all night. However, room was great, clean, comfy beds and breakfast was ample.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

We hope your daughter got settled in and is enjoying school. Thank you for your good review and please return again the next time you visit our area.