“Great sushi!”

Nori Thai
Ranked #70 of 996 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Nori Thai and Sushi serves up hand-crafted sushi rolls and Thai favorites in Birmingham, AL!
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

The sushi is so good and fast. I get it to go often and they can have your order ready in less than 10 mins usually. The crab angel roll is my favorite.

Imadd S, Owner at Nori Thai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2015

Leigh, thanks for being a friend to us. Hope to see you again soon for another one of those crab angel rolls you love!

'Til next time,

Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

My husband and I were in search of good Pad Thai and liked Nori Thai's reviews. We weren't disappointed! The Pad Thai was hot and fresh -- obviously made when ordered. We also enjoyed the coconut soup and spider roll. All delicious and reasonably priced! We'll be back...

Imadd S, Owner at Nori Thai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2015

This is so wonderful to hear! I'm glad we can be the ones to satisfy your pad thai craving -- can't wait to see you again sooner rather than later for some more.

'Til then,

Reviewed 4 June 2015

Don't let the strip mall outer shell make you avoid this little gem of a restaurant. The place is basically Thai and sushi rolls, but they do it very, very well.

I stopped by for a late lunch and the place was pretty well empty. I was seated immediately and I was very well taken care of by the staff. My glass was always full, my food was hot, and evenly spaced so that I could enjoy my meal.

I didn't feel like going too far from the norm, so I decided on the Pot Sticker appetizer and Cashew Nut Chicken which also came with soup. I have to say that everything that I tried was fantastic. The coconut tofu soup was rich and lite at the same time. They use a Panang Curry as the sauce for the pot stickers which paired nicely. It was spiced perfect. The cashew chicken was delicious and simple. It had more chicken than veggies and served with a generous portion of rice.

I like sushi as well, but it seems like all they offered were rolls. This is not a bad thing, but the majority of the rolls contained cream cheese which I am not a fan. Obviously I am in the minority because they would not offer them if others were not fans.

I would say that my meal at this small restaurant was one of the most flavorful I have ever had. I think it cost about $15 total, so it was a very reasonable meal considering a had a soda, appetizer, soup, and entrée. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Good luck and Happy Travels!

Imadd S, Owner at Nori Thai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2015

You are too kind! Thank you so much for all the wonderful praise and for making a stop to see us on your travels. There are only so many places you get to go when on a trip, after all. If you are ever back in Birmingham exploring, I'd love to have you back for another meal.

Until next time,

Reviewed 5 May 2015

The restaurant is located in a strip mall and doesn't have a unique appearance, but the food was excellent. They are limited to sushi, we were hoping for sashimi, but the sushi was delicious and well presented.

1  Thank RickSene
Imadd S, Owner at Nori Thai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2015

Rick, I'm so glad to hear that you loved our sushi and enjoyed the presentation as well. It's true, we don't have sashimi, but I hope that won't deter you from coming back to see us again!

Until next time,

Reviewed 1 April 2015

Besides having great Thai food, this small restaurant has a beautiful ambiance. Yes, it's green, but quite modern and very clean. The Pad Thai was perfect, and the portions were substantial. My son says the Spicy Coconut soup was the best he'd ever had.

Imadd S, Owner at Nori Thai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2015

Kathleen, this is so wonderful to hear. "Perfect" pad thai and the best coconut soup your son has ever had -- it really doesn't get much better than that. Thanks for reaching out to sing our praises, and we look forward to seeing you two again soon.

'Til then,