“"Unique"”

Wasabi Juan's
Ranked #19 of 977 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Sushi, Mexican, Fusion
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Seats about 36 inside (very small) and has an outside patio for seating. Kinda industrial hip tiki decor(casual). I ordered the Toro burrito which had grilled steak, shrimp, avocado, cream cheese, sweet soy sauce. It was wrapped in a sesame seed soy wrap. Very different but I enjoyed it. Also had the Juan's Nachos which is tortilla chips with shrimp ceviche, lime, jalapeños, tomatoes, and cilantro. Loved it! Menu consists of burritos with raw tuna/salmon, or cooked, and tacos with raw spicy tuna or cooked. They also offer sides- kimchi, miso soup, mango slaw, cucumber salad, edamame. It satisfied both my Mexican and shushi craving in one. Prices are reasonable. Burritos averaged $9-$11. I could have split it with my friend, it came with chips and salsa but I ate it all and I'm stuffed. I will be back.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect, but our entire family loved it. All the sushi burritos are $10-$12. Everybody loved what they ordered.

Reviewed 24 December 2016

I was hesitant to give this place a try just based on the idea of a sushi burrito. I imagined fish in a flour tortilla smothered in nacho sauce. It turns out the sushi burrito is a lot like a large sushi roll. The menu is split into three main categories: raw (tuna, salmon), cooked (shrimp, chicken, beef, veggies), and tacos. We all had sushi burritos and they were reasonably fast and tasty. The space is comfortable and the staff were friendly and accommodating. I think it would fall into the fast casual level of restaurant with reasonable prices. It's just behind Avondale Brewery.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

The food is really good. The LMH sushi burrito and the Sonora tacos were outstanding. The only negative would be a salsa that goes with the chips. It was bland without any spice. Juan's Nachos were suggested as a starter they were not easy to share. Still give 4 stars and would return.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I really like the Hippy (the only vegan sushi burrito they have), but unfortunately there are no other vegan options there. It's great when you have a taste for that one item (and that definitely happens every so often!), but I hope they'll follow suit with some of the other restaurants in town and start offering some more veggie-friendly options soon!