“Superb sushi”
Review of Bamboo Restaurant

Bamboo Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 1,001 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Great atmosphere, smooth chardonnay, amazing service (thanks Sofia). The food spoke volumes. My son joined me later & loved it.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I had our date night at this restaurant and the food and service was excellent! They were pretty busy as it was a Saturday night. We almost left as we were very hungry and it was a 35 minute wait. So happy that we waited as it was worth the wait! I have eaten at many sushi restaurants in and around Birmingham and hands down this is the best one!
The only downside is that it is a very small restaurant and the seating is very close to others. We sat at the bar, and it was ent bad. I will definitely return!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Walked in around 5:30 or 6 on a Saturday evening. There was one table left. The tables are pretty jammed close together, so not a great "date" arrangement. We moved to the bar. The food was pretty good-and interesting, but mostly appetizer/small plates instead of dinner portions. Good food to share. We had pork belly skewers, egg roll, momos, and a wham Bham sushi roll. All good. Most run about $10, sushi more like $15. Food comes out quickly, within minutes of ordering. Jackie Chan movie on one TV and a Godzilla flick on the other. Trendy, like I said. The crowd was almost all under 30. Last time we came on a Friday night and it was more crowded but not so "young". Parking is a challenge, be prepared to walk a few blocks. If you park in a lot, be sure to pay and put your ticket in sight or you'll get a boot or towed.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We had some of the more interesting and delicious food here. The server was very helpful with suggestions since it was out first time. The KFC lollipops were incredible, and the Magic City Rolls are something I will order again for sure!

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Maybe I don't want to be hip, but my experience here was bad. The food was good, don't get me wrong. But we were sat a very uncomfortable communal table too close for those we did know, let alone those we didn't. Then the waiter kept moving our drinks out of the middle of the table because we were supposed to share. We are adults, we know what we will share and what we won't. It just wasn't worth another visit.