All reviews chinese tour buffet dinner jiuzhaigou national park tibetan tray tub
Reviewed 8 October 2014

This was the hotel that I stayed at for two days while I was in Jiuzhaigou.

When I first entered the room, I thought that the room looked VERY outdated and does not look 4-5 star at all. Also, there is NO WIFI in the room. If you wanted wifi, you would need to go to the freezing lobby and use it there (being a Canadian, this didn't really bug me). The bathroom was also pretty horrible with hair all over and water leaking out of the bath area easily.

Also, during the second day, my bed became slanted because I put too much force on it (yeah, its a habit).. I had the worst sleep that I ever had in my life..

When I boiled water in the room, the result was very whitish coloured water, and I thought "Disgusting, I don't know if this is drinkable or not..."

The breakfast and one night dinner was also pretty bad.. The food was cold and the selection was rather poor.. I had the same stuff for two days straight due to the low food selection.

Finally, there is NO WAY to control the temperature in the room, and the central heating system was not operational, which means you better wear some clothes while sleeping or you would freeze..

If you are not part of a tour, I DO NOT RECOMMEND this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Lizzy F, Distribution &Relationship Marketing Team at Holiday Inn Jiuzhai Jarpo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Gear Guest,
Thank you for stayinging at Holiday Inn Jiuzhai Jarpo and sharing your staying experience. We're sorry to know that your stay was an unpleasant one. All your feedbacks are very much appreciated. We shall forward your opinions about room
and breakfast to Housekeeping department and FB department to improve. We're working on the WIFI coverage program. You may be able to enjoy WIFI in room on your next visit to Jiuzhai. We have prepared heater and extra quilt in guest service centre. We shall provide them on your request.
We sincerely hope you can come back in the future to see the changes we make. Thank you and have a nice day!

Reviewed 20 September 2014

Quick Summary, you can read the whole story below: We were mislead on the price through trip advisor and Booking.com. We are now paying $200 USD a night to stay in this property. this hotel does not have 24hr hot water. Wifi costs a additional $8 a day. When breakfast ran out of coffee the servers would not brew more. there are no food outlets open between 4 and 6PM. Our bathroom had disgusting globs of someone elses hair. Absolutely not worth any of this money.

My Husband and I have been traveling in China for a couple weeks. We recently were in Langmusi at 3500M and came down with devastating flu's while on a trekking tour. After 2 feverish, "I can't move, i think we're dying" type nights in a remote guesthouse, we were able to hire a driver to bring us down to the Holiday Inn in hopes that we could recover in a little more comfort.

First of all I booked through TripAdvisor, and when booking this hotel, they advertise 169RMB a night through booking.com. Turns out it's a different hotel! A different, imposter Holiday Inn that is linked to the real Holiday Inn's page and theres a discrepancy on tripadvisor. Im normally a smarter traveller than that, but this was booked in a feverish, "Get me out of Here!" type mood and it went totally over my head. I showed up at the Holiday Inn after 5 hours of driving, feeling like I was going to keel over and faint at any second, with my husband feeling the same way. They hotel staff speaks very little english, so it was very frustrating for them to explain what had happened with my reservation. Turns out the real price is actually 1200RMB a night! That is a insane difference, but I felt so sick, our driver had already left us, and it was a additional 400rmb to get a new taxi to the impostor Holiday Inn, that I decided to to just pay it. Anything to crawl into a warm bed a sleep. Gary Xing, the duty Manager was kind enough to call booking.com and cancel our imposter reservation for us so that we didnt get charged twice. We got to our room, crawled immediately into bed and fell fast asleep.

After 12 plus hours of glorious sleep, we woke up the next morning at 9am feeling a little better, but starving. we went down to breakfast, and I guess we came in right at closing because the servers rushed us through the buffet line and there was no coffee left. No matter which way I phrased it, they wouldnt brew me new coffee. I needed a hot cup of coffee so bad! Just the thought of the warm liquid soothing my sore throat! ugh, this left me very upset, but I came back to my room and drank the instant coffee they left us with the hot pot.

This next part is what has left me most upset, and it is the entire reason I'm taking the time to write this review. I went to take a hot steamy shower, get some of the phlegm, snot and other nasty stuff out of my chest and there is no hot water! After an hour of calling the front desk trying to find a English speaking employee, getting transferred and hung up on repeatedly, Finally I hear from Jack, todays duty manager. Turns out this hotel doesnt offer 24hr hot water! ARE YOU SERIOUS? 1200RMB/$200 USD a night and I can't get the most basic of amenities? I've stayed in hotels for $25 USD a night that offer 24hr hot water. I checked into this hotel and spent the extra money just so I could be comfortable and recover, but I can;t even take a hot shower until 6PM? Im appalled. This is absurd and un-acceptable from such a expensive and nice hotel. Jack offered to take us up to the inter-continental spa to shower, but I dont think he understands that we have the flu, we feel like garbage, and we dont have the energy to even leave the room. I paid $200 a night so i can hole up in this room, not drive 20 minutes to a different property to take a shower.

So now I'm sitting in this room, upset and disappointed. 4 more hours until I can take a shower. We're already depressed to be so ill in the middle of our china trip, we wont get to see Jiuhaizagou, and we've spent almost $700 on this hotel and do not feel like it is at all worth it. This whole Holiday Inn experience has been one mishap after another. This is just terrible and I cannot wait to get out of here. Please be aware!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Lizzy F, Distribution &Relationship Marketing Team at Holiday Inn Jiuzhai Jarpo at Holiday Inn Jiuzhai Jarpo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Gear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Jiuzhai Jarpo. Firstly, we're sincerely sorry about all the problems you have encountered during your stay. We understand your expectation from us. We're sorry to say that we did not completely meet your satisfaction. We have checked the link issue you mentioned. It did link to a local Holiday Inn which have a different name and have no relationship with our property. We are trying to contact TripAdvisor and booking.com to solve this, so that no one else will encounter the same problem. We recommend all the guest to choose our official website ihg.com to reach us. We'll follow up and improve all the other aspects you have mentioned in our property. We did hope you have a perfect experience in our hotel. We would like to do all the best to help you enjoy the stay.
We sincerely wish you can come back again to feel the improvement.

Reviewed 10 September 2014

It may not be a hotel located at the entrance of Jiuzhaigou Park, its about half an hour drive, but it would be a prefect hotel for those who intend to visit Jiuzhaigou on your own without any guided tour and Mandarin is a challenge - .have the hotel to arrange the transport and itinerary for you. Believe me, it even cost less than I would have taken a package tour myself.

My entire 3 days program in Jiuzhaigou was arranged by a great Assistant Duty Manager, Daniel. Despite being based at IC Jiuzhai Paradise Hotel, Daniel had been a great assistance of seeing to every detail of my stay at Holiday Inn and even getting the Duty Manager, Bryan, to meet me upon arrival to ensure that everything is fine. Being a hotelier myself, I am truly impressed with Daniel's forward thinking and his "can-do" spirit in delivering customers' needs.

Due to the well-arranged itinerary by Daniel, I managed to visit Huanglong upon arrival from the airport before checking-in, spent a whole day at the Jiuzhaigou Park on the 2nd day and on the last day, even visited Song Pan, an ancient town, before catching my flight back to Chengdu later in the afternoon. The drivers for the arranged transport were very professional and committed to their duties. Since this is a pre-arranged transport by the hotel, there were no stops for those hard-sell shopping in which could have saved many of my valuable time to be spent on just sight-seeings..

The entire hotel and room were well-designed with beautiful Tibetan touches. Had a well-planned 3 compact days visit to Jiuzhaigou, thanks to Daniel and his entire team at Holiday Inn Jarpo who are very helpful staff in every aspects.

Room Tip: As this is a pretty large hotel and if you don't enjoy walking to your room, ask for a room on the same floor as the lobby or nearer to the lift landing.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Canny SL T
Lizzy F, Distribution &Relationship Marketing Team at Holiday Inn Jiuzhai Jarpo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Jiuzhai Jarpo and sharing your feedbacks. It's a great honor that our Duty Manager Daniel's service and arrangement impressed you. We‘ve forwarded your comments to Daniel and his team. We'll continue to deliver the good service spirit to make this property a great one. We sincerely wish you can come back in the future to stay in interContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise and meet Daniel and his team in person. Thank you and have a nice day!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

When we arrived at the Holiday Inn, it was not a good start. We had heard the bad reviews on Trip Advisor, but there is not very much choice in Jiuzhaigou, especially before the big tourist season starts (around July-October), so we bit the bullet and booked four nights here.

To begin with, it was FREEZING. We came into the lobby, which was pretty but super cold, and the rooms weren't any warmer. I had seen reviews saying it was cold, but I assumed that meant in winter, not early June. Nope, it's REALLY COLD even in June. They don't use the central heating which is present in the rooms either.

Secondly, the room we were given was a twin when we had booked a double. When we told staff, they said it would be an extra fee to have a double. An extra fee for something we had already booked and paid for?!

Furthermore, the outside door of the room we were in didn't close properly, so it had a huge gap about 5-10cm wide out into the freezing air. When we told staff, they said 'every room has this', despite the pictures advertised in the lobby clearly not showing this fault...

However, eventually things turned out well. After much pleading, the staff moved us to a double room with no door gap, and gave us a small portable heater to heat the room. After that, we found the room to be quite comfortable. The bathroom was nice, the hot water worked, and the views from the room were truly spectacular. The bed was comfortable for Chinese standards, although perhaps a little hard for Western standards.

The breakfast was good. Despite previous reviews, the breakfast buffet had a variety of both Chinese and Western dishes (toast, eggs, sauages etc).

As for the location, it turned out to be really nice. Yes, it is a half hour drive to Jiuzhaigou park, however it is half an hour closer to the airport than many other hotels. Also, we found the location to be really beautiful, with spectacular views of the mountains. Regarding the location, it's actually not where google maps says it is either. Google maps puts it inside the actual park. It's on the main road into town.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to people who have adequate clothing if you're not travelling when it's super hot.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cath G
Lizzy F, Distribution &Relationship Marketing Team at Holiday Inn Jiuzhai Jarpo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Jiuzhai Jarpo. We're glad to see your stay experience has been improved. Thank you for complementing the breakfast and environment. The hotels is located in Ganhaizi. The landscape is really beautiful here. We provide shuttle bus to Jiuzhaigou on daily basis. Please contact the concierge for more information. We'll forward your opinions to the related department to follow up. Hope you can come back again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a very nice and unique Tibetan flavour to the hotel lobby and exterior hotel buildings. However, I didn't personally find the hotel room very clean as there was hair in the bathtub when we first checked in and the stopper of the bathtub also could not be released and had to be sucked out and couldn't be repaired. The hotel management did provide a fruit platter as a service recovery but due to the cleanliness of the place, I would be tempted to try somewhere else for a next visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Jiuzhai Jarpo and sharing your stay experience. The hotel is designed with local Zang and Qiang characteristics. You will feel an exotic flavor here. We'll forward your experience in the room to the housekeeping department. We truly hope you can come back in the future to feel the improvement.