“Lovely spot...shame about the (lack of) service”

Largo Bistro Pizzeria
Ranked #108 of 173 Restaurants in Korcula Island
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We ate here last night, pleased to find a vacant covered table on a rainy evening which limits the dining options in the old town. It was also great to be able to view the beautiful sunset from this location. Unfortunately those were the only positives. It took about 30mins from ordering to receiving ANYTHING - even the small bottle of water we had ordered and even then the waitress only brought one glass! We had also ordered 2 mojitos which came at the same time. Obviously these are slower to produce than a glass of wine but the wait was extreme. Another wait (thankfully we had only ordered main courses) and the food arrived. The lamb chops were the scrawniest we had ever seen, served with a small pile of French fries and big dollop of mustard. My other half had the black risotto which was very average. Whilst we were waiting we noticed other tables being ignored too - in fact one family gave up without receiving anything and we heard them say it was due to the total lack of service. We are therefore very sceptical about some of the positive reviews below - many of which seem to have the same grammatical errors so I would treat with caution. Our last eve in Korcula was memorable for all the wrong reasons. The other 4 days we really enjoyed our meals in the town.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

A friend of mine told us about this place, so my family and I went and were mindblown by the delicious pizza they make there. Naturally, the next day we went again for lunch and this time we got some of the mediterranean cuisine from the menu, and since I ain't a big fan of sea food I was kinda sceptical of the dish and not loking forward at all to eating squids but I tell you: that food is TAY-STEE!!! Staff's the frendliest and the most helpful one I've ever met! Really great people. The view is fantastic too. Basically no place for cons here.
To sum it up it's defs one of the places you'd want go if you're visiting korcula

Denis O, Guest Relations Manager at Largo Bistro Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear, thank you for your kind review. Hope to see you again :)

Reviewed 30 May 2016

Hi my lovelly people ,I'm back again at same restoraunt Largo in island Korcula and reason I'm writing this review will be bit strange but I cant help my selfe.My dear people ,you can not go to any restoraunt and not have any money on you ,like some very loud americans last night ,if you credit card bounce ,you need to look for alternative ,like cash, instead of being rude to staff.I couldn't belive souch a behaviour ,but I guess they think Croatia is Afganistan or Vietnam ,Ifelt sorry for the staff and owner and belive me if it was me he would be swimming in May ,lol,Anyway we had lovelly dinner ,I even left a large tip on behalf of idiots americans lol..Talk soon ,couse I'm coming back next week for some fresh fish .

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We went for dinner at this restaurant, it looked good and reasonably priced. We were wrong, the food was not of very good quality and the prices deceptive.
Even though they had the Visa card leather jackets, they did not accept credit cards. Our bill was large and we didn't have enough cash, so we had to walk o the ATM to withdraw cash, which was inconvenient. The owner was loud, accusatory and rude. We compared our bill to another very good restaurant, Adria Mare, and even though the prices at Adria Mare seemed higher, when you take the quality of food and the service. Adrio Mare was much more reasonable. This place, largo, even had the temerity to charge us extra for using a better level of their olive oil. So watch out, what you get on the table is not the superior quality.
We will definitely not return to this place

1  Thank Randa A
Reviewed 23 May 2016

The view was lovely so we stopped in but after ordering some wine that was clearly off and the owner thought was ok, this place degenerated into a farce. After waiting over an hour for a simple main course, we were served up food that was cold and so overcooked we would break our teeth on the Cevapcici we simply had to leave it on the plate, settle up and leave as soon as we could. This was appalling in every sense. I have been travelling for many years and this was one of the worst dining experiences I have had.