“Birthday and anniversary meal”
Review of Don Antonio

Don Antonio
Ranked #3 of 97 Restaurants in Makarska
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dear Don Antonio Restaurant is listed in the wrong category Coffee & Tea in Makarska it damages my business I ask you to urgently correct thank you
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Whilst on holiday it was my birthday and 35th wedding anniversary and we wanted to eat somewhere special. I looked on Tripadvisor and saw this restaurant was No. 1 and it was only round the corner from where we were staying. All I can say is it was a lovely evening. We were welcomed by our host and offered bread and his homemade olive oil to start with. I had the tuna steak and my husband had the duck and both were exquisite. This was followed by complimentary glasses of homemade dessert wine which was lovely. We also had desserts and I can honestly say this restaurant deserves being No. 1. Would defnitely return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On our first day in Makarska we had dinner in Don Antonio, although we went late with no booking they still welcomed us in. It's a family run restaurant & you could touch the hospitality & the care they put in everything.
First, the menu has a beautiful variety for different tastes, Ante (the owner) takes care of all the guests & he makes a lot of good suggestions. They also have a nice wine list with a good selection of local wines.
When the food came everything was extremely tasty, we couldn't believe how everything was very well made & nicely balanced.
Finally, I must say that prices were really cheap, not only to the level of quality but even compared to other worse places around.
We will go there every time we have a chance.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Found this on TA. MUST BOOK. This restaurant is excellent. The food was very good. If choosing the steak go for the 140kn. It was excellent. The white fish my wife had was also excellent. Good service anxcthe owner/waiter was very knowledgeable and his recomendation were spot on. He recommended the house white, starter to share.

1  Thank dwc3402
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

A must if in Makarska, book table in advance. Owner recommended wine with food, all excellent. We shared starters & main courses No room for dessert, had lovely coffees to finish. Lovely place & all staff very friendly.

1  Thank dublincrs
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

During our stay in Makarska we tried several of the top rated restaurants and this one came out top. We returned on our last day as we liked it by far the best. We had smoked ham to start with, Mussels (red wine version), sea bass with pistachios, and panna cotta. All which were amazing. I just didn’t want the meal to end. The host is excellent, giving out lots of free tasters such as home made bread with his award winning olive oil, home made dessert wine, rakki. The whole meal worked out less than £50 for 3 courses including a litre of lovely wine and all the extras. Please please please don’t miss out trying this restaurant, you won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank Lesley T