“dont judge a book by its cover....”
Review of Hotel Corona Real

Hotel Corona Real
Ranked #37 of 62 Hotels in Guayaquil
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel due to a convention we was attending. On first impressions was that the hotel was not in a pleasant area, however, we still ventured out and found some pleasant places to eat. Great place for steak and ribs out of hotel, turn right onto main road. The rooms were clean, very comfy beds, silent air conditioning, powerful showers, flat screen TV's loads of freeview TV channels, friendly helpful staff. I had a nice meal at hotel, although some of my friends didn't like their food much, I would recommend the hotel for an overnight stay or two if with a group of friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank fitnessbec76

Reviewed 28 May 2013

When I arrived in Guayaquil, I went to the Hotel Corona Real where I held a reservation that I had made in the States two weeks prior. Unfortunately I arrived to a hotel that was sold out, and they did not honor my reservation. They sent me to a lower scale hotel for the evening, made me wait 20 minutes for a cab to take me to the other hotel, and to make matters worse, they checked in three people who arrived after I did. I would be interested in knowing how they chose their "keepers" and why they decided some of us could not stay there. I could never recommend this hotel based upon this one experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank tgoody
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I was at the hotel for a weekend in Guayaquil. My first time out there. The staff is very helpful and ultra curtious. The hotel is located close to all the famous bars in Guayaquil. I would definitely go back!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Dannyfromny
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This place was terrific, the only draw back being its location. Situated on the outskirts of downtown I was advised not to go anywhere alone unless by taxi. The staff was very helpful, one spoke fluent English but all were friendly. Wifi on premises and cafeteria as well.

Room Tip: Close to bus station far to walk from any sites
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank tm_1977
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed in Corona Real during a stopover in Guayaquil. Hotel is impressive, comfortable, clean and 5mins cab ride from the airport. Surrounding area didn’t look very appealing but I was only there for the night so didn’t venture outside.

Would recommend for quick stopovers - Free cab ride to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business