See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2013

When I arrived in Guayaquil, I went to the Hotel Corona Real where I held a reservation that I had made in the States two weeks prior. Unfortunately I arrived to a hotel that was sold out, and they did not honor my reservation. They sent me to a lower scale hotel for the evening, made me wait 20 minutes for a cab to take me to the other hotel, and to make matters worse, they checked in three people who arrived after I did. I would be interested in knowing how they chose their "keepers" and why they decided some of us could not stay there. I could never recommend this hotel based upon this one experience.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank tgoody
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I was at the hotel for a weekend in Guayaquil. My first time out there. The staff is very helpful and ultra curtious. The hotel is located close to all the famous bars in Guayaquil. I would definitely go back!!!!!

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank Dannyfromny
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This place was terrific, the only draw back being its location. Situated on the outskirts of downtown I was advised not to go anywhere alone unless by taxi. The staff was very helpful, one spoke fluent English but all were friendly. Wifi on premises and cafeteria as well.

Room tip: Close to bus station far to walk from any sites
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank tm_1977
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed in Corona Real during a stopover in Guayaquil. Hotel is impressive, comfortable, clean and 5mins cab ride from the airport. Surrounding area didn’t look very appealing but I was only there for the night so didn’t venture outside.

Would recommend for quick stopovers - Free cab ride to the airport.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
9  Thank brian-o-mac
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I stayed in this hotel only for one day I was accompanied by my girlfriend who is from Ecuador and I really enjoyed the attention of staff. It is a simple hotel, nothing luxurious but with a warmth that characterizes Latinos. I recommend it!

Date of stay: December 2011