“Not what I was expecting”
Review of Butterfly Gardens

and up
Roatan Shore Excursion: West Island Tour
Ranked #3 of 3 things to do in West End
Reviewed 11 February 2018

We just booked for the butterfly farm, however, we did not realise there were white faced monkeys, spider mo keys etc there. White faced monkeys were very friendly, not caged at all. Decided to sit on your head and wrap tails round ones neck. Also beautiful coloured parrots. Be careful here as one decided to peck my arm leaving a bruise. So glad we came here.

All reviews
"jose"
"tree"
"diving"

Reviewed 5 February 2018

there are many peices of buterflies in this garden, another intersting place to visit in this town. high recommend

Reviewed 21 January 2018

This was another highlight of our excursion!! Lots of animals, birds flora and fauna. Great tour guide. Monkeys running loose were adorable and harmless.We got to hold a Macaw. Learned a lot about butterflies as well!!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Due to the rainy weather (well we were in a rain forest), we didn't see all that many butterflys.But they also had monkeys and parrots which were free to roam and sit on your arm or head !, which was fun. The highlight for me was seeing hummingbirds up close. There where a number of rescued indigenous animals which were clearly well looked after.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 December 2017

The Butterfly Farm was difficult to find with very few signs. Once I arrived I was amazed at the size and colors of the butterflies. There are double doors so they don't escape of course. You can stay as long as you like. In the back they have birds that were rescued, abused and/or injured. Gorgeous birds, I saw Toucans, red Scarlet Macaws, the green Honduran Parrots and other birds I didn't know. It was nice to know that they are doing so much good as the birds were very well cared for. I made a donation and hope they stay in operation. People were very friendly there even if they didn't know English. Great visit from West End, Roatan.