The Beach House(West End)
US$175
  • Beachfront
Splash Inn Dive Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$65
Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments(West End)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$52
Posada Arco Iris(West End)(Great Value!)
US$62
Sea Breeze Inn(West End)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$40
  • Restaurant
Blue Waters Hotel and Apartments(West End)(Great Value!)
US$45
Seagrape Plantation Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Lands End(West End)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$48
Orbitz.com
Cocolobo(West End)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$135
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Sueno Del Mar Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$49
All reviewsquiet locationthe west end beachdive shopkitchenetteinletoceanroatan
Reviewed 25 February 2018

I've stayed at Posada Las Orquideas twice now and they will continue to be my go to place to stay when I come to dive in Roatan. They're close enough to everything (stores, dive shop, bars and restaurants) yet they're far enough for a quiet and restful night. Everyone there was always nice and helpful, we took advantage of the kitchenette to make our meals and the terrace with hammock and dinner table is always the place to be after a day out at sea. We can highly recommend them and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: high floor for more air and better view
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2018

My boyfriend and I spent almost three weeks at Posada las Orquideas and absolutely LOVED it! The property is the perfect combination of peace & quiet, ocean views, bright & airy rooms, and convenience - a very nice 5-minute walk to town.

We opted for the Deluxe Suite - which has a huge deck with a hammock overlooking Mangrove Bight - a beautiful & quiet inlet. The high vaulted ceilings make the rooms incredibly bright & comfortable. Our studio had a small kitchen that was very simple, but after assessing what we had to work with - we were able to cook many many meals, make coffee every morning, and store groceries. This was important to us - and our beautiful deck was the perfect place to enjoy the home cooked meals.

We met many people staying "in town" while we were here who complained of the constant noise, party scene, loud & crowded spots. Posada las Orquideas was a little sanctuary away from the bustle. We fell asleep to the sounds of waves (not loud music or drunk tourists) and woke to birds chirping (not car horns blasting).

The room was cleaned daily by the sweetest and most accommodating housekeeper. The staff in the office were very helpful with all requests that we had - and Karolina was extremely attentive whenever we requested anything!

Added bonus: one of our favorite activities was taking the kayaks in town for a spin around beautiful Half Moon Bay...for FREE!

Room Tip: Suite #14 is the BEST - corner unit on the top floor with unobstructed views of the bay and the ocean!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2018

After spending 2 months working for a charity organisation in Nicaragua, me and my family decided to spend christmas in Roatan and choose Las Orquideas as our accomadation before doing a bit of backpacking in Guatemala before hedding home. Unfortunately our plans for christmas was disrupted due to the presidentialelection in Honduras and the country erupted in to violence. Our shuttle dident show up and we informed Las Orquideas right away. We tried in vain to get another transport in to the country but none was getting in from the Nicaraguan border due to blockades. We lay low for another day to see which way it was going but the situation did not improve.
After spending a day to draw up a new plan we again contacted Las Orquideas and Karolin to inform her that we had no way to get to Roatan with our budget and was told that we would get our full deposit back except for taxes already paid.
We thought this was fare and thanked Karolin for her help. I wish this was the end of the story and we could give Karolin and Las Orquidias a good review. But she ended up going back on her word and hade a change of heart and we haven't seen the money or gotten a response back in over a week.
This is not a display of good customer service or goodwill from the hotel. We are truly disappointed in Karolin and Las Orquidias.

Peter with family

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Natalia L, Propietario at Posada Las Orquideas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Hello Peter,
We answered this same review in google but somehow we missed this one.
You had reservation with us on the name of Veronica Ahlström for December 18 till the 26th...On the day of December 18th we received the massage from you that you are not coming cancelling the reservation on the day of check in and the hotel policy states that Deposit is no refundable especially in the really busy season like Christmas and New Year’s, and also to make it clear Roatan is peaceful and safe island and there was nothing dangerous going on so when you called saying that you want to cancellyour reservation with Us because you scared and don’t want to travel anymore in Central America I agreed to full refund of the deposit...thinking that you don’t feel safe in Central America and want to go back to Europe (that was the impression) but couple days later on Dec 22nd I received the massage from you again informing that you guys coming to the hotel on Dec 23rd , little confused I answered that is ok we will have the room for you( the same you had reserved because we were not able to rent)..then you sent an email saying you made a mistake and the massage was for the hotel in Antigua meaning that you guys never left Central America and were still travelling here so I sent you a massage that in that case, we will not issue the full refund because you still here just decided to go to Guatemala...

The end of this story is that eventually we DID ISSUE THE REFUND 50 % of the 50% of deposit which is against the policy and WE WERE NOT ABLE to rent a room...

Karolina

Reviewed 23 March 2017

The hotel is slighty off the beaten path but is within 5 minutes walking distance to the beach. The backside of the hotel faces an inlet from the ocean and is right on the water. You can look out from the 3rd floor where I was and see a fantastic view. The staff is very friendly, the rooms modest but comfortable and clean. For the price of the room I felt the place was exceptional. I am a missionary on the mainland in Honduras so when I travel I am on a budget and try to get the most for my buck. This place was safe, quiet and very beautiful. I was highly impressed and will stay there from here on out when returning to Roatan.

Room Tip: Try to get on the third floor for the best view.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2017

My husband and I stayed here after I had stayed in the same room 7 years before -- it has only gotten better with time! Clean, quiet, GREAT amenities! I wouldn't stay anywhere else on the island! For $68/night you get a private room with very clean, modern bathroom and a private deck with a hammock. The room also has a mini-fridge, which was a plus. The beds were comfortable and we were so relaxed the whole time we stayed here. The property is beautiful and has a private dock out to the water. We were able to use kayaks for free and enjoyed kayaking around the bay. I cannot recommend this place enough!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple