See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My boyfriend and I intended to stay in Ayutthaya just one night but ended up at Moradok Thai for 3. The guesthouse is run mainly by family, Somsee (the old lady) is very friendly and helpful. It's located in a convenient part of the island and the rooms are of a decent size (however be prepared for very stiff beds!)

The food in the restaurant was really good and you can rent bicycles here cheaply.

7-11 is just around the corner next to a night food market.

Overall, the experience was even better than the other reviews and I would definitely return here again!

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Great guesthouse, nice people, nice mama , nice food and nice party, close to all the old temples and other touristical places, if you are in ayutthaya you must come overthere, its also close to the trainstation and a good stop if you go further to chiang mai in the north of thailand, also easy to get there if you come from bangkok, the rooms a nice and big, and verry clean, and everybody helps you with a great smile, you also can rent a bike for a good price, and if you eat at the guesthouse its verry cheap, a place to go

Date of stay: May 2013
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

The rooms are well maintained and clean.

The breakfast was of the strange standard you expect in Thailand; eggs, toast and grilled fruit.

It appeared to be run by a mother daughter, granddaughter family. The daughter was never there, the grand mother had very poor English but insisted on trying to communicate with you anyway, to the point where it became a nuisance. While the majority of the work it seemed was left to the granddaughter, who must have been 14 or 15, and grew bored easily.

They were very helpful with providing anything I asked for however when I was altering my future plans with my next hostel, they assured me several times they had booked me in on the correct night. Unfortunately I got to the hostel at 4am and they had no record of my reservation.

Date of stay: April 2013
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

This place is great. The old lady who runs it is fabulous offering whiskey shots at the bar all night. Rooms are lovely very clean as comfy :-) ac and private bathroom. Wonderful little hidden gem and would highly recommend

Date of stay: February 2013
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

Awesome night there. We arrived on morning and got the bikes from them to visit the temples. Our temporary "mummy" took really good care of us on the evening! Everybody was gathered around the table. Plus we had our laundry done really quickly.

Date of stay: January 2013