“attractive but not what I want”
Review of Moradok - Thai

Moradok - Thai
Reviewed 30 April 2015

I needed a hotel in Ayutthaya, only for 1 night, only for myself. I checked on the internet and i found this hotel, Moradokthay. It seemed quite attractive. It's actually a hostel but the price is more hotel like.
I arrived early in the morning. I told my name to the older lady at the reception and she was like expecting me. I had to wait a while because the room had still to be cleaned. I could wait at the outside bar. I looked around and need to say, its attractive and there is beautiful plantation outside. The bar was clean also. I think most their customers are young European people that want to visit the historical site in Ayutthaya.
After about 1 hour, I could go to my room. The room is quite big but no TV or fridge, only air conditioning. For the rest, a bed, 1 chair, a small table and a stand to put your suitcase on. The bathroom was not clean and you need to take a shower over your toilet because the water from the sprinkler arrives somewhere halfway the bathroom.
If you like to drink something, you need to go to the bar which is quite expensive and the service is not good, even no ice and a beer you need to drink from the bottle. There are a number of spirits behind the bar, so I decided to drink after my beer a vodka/coke. Had to wait a while because the son had to go buy ice in 7/eleven or so.
They serve breakfast but it's limited to 2 dishes. I went into town to get some food.
As I said, it looks attractive but get far from the value that you pay for. I wouldn't recommend it to people. There are many better and cheaper places in the same area.

Room Tip: I saw only my room. If you need only a bed, it's ok. The place is away from the road, so it'...
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We stayed here one night on our way to Chiang Mai. It was 5 of us so we had 2 rooms. Both rooms were clean and spacious (Bug free). You have your own bathroom and the water got hot (yay), the beds where just ok.
The lady that runs the place is eccentric and awesome, we called her Aunty. We stayed up late drinking with her and the other guests at the little bar listening to music and playing cards. Breakfast was simple but just what we needed. She was nice enough to have her guy take us to the train when we had to leave (we paid of course) instead of trying to hunt down a tuk tuk.
It is also walking distance from the town visitor center and close to one of the wat's and local market. Easy to get around by foot or bike, but of course tuk tuks are readily available.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2015

A lovely place in an ugly, boring city. Rooms are not special but ok, very nice garden and awesome people. "crazy grandma" is one of the cutest persons I ever met. I would come back, but only because of the familiy.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Pia K
Reviewed 16 April 2015 via mobile

This guesthouse is very attractive from the outside with a nice garden area to eat and drink..but for 600 baht a night
The room are so so, no fridge, no tv, no bottled water, the shower is terrible, the bed is ok and the Wi-Fi works.
Located on the busy main road means a lot of traffic noise.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights, the first night they were clearly full but wanted the extra money so put us in the massage room which was very uncomfortable. The next night we had a room in the house but it was run down and dirty, the bed sheets didn't look clean and the bathroom had old bars of soap in. What made this place bearable was the friendly host Soshee but she could become annoying after a while, she woke us up at 7am unnecessarily so say we left a old piece of paper in the other room. You don't even get a bottle of water, you have to buy everything and its a little over priced.

Stayed: November 2014