“Lovely!!”
Review of Moradok - Thai

Moradok - Thai
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on our way to Chiang Mai and after a nightmare train journey from Bangkok was so pleasantly surprised by this lovely place. Staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough to help you. We stayed in the honeymoon room which was clean, modern and spacious and really good value for money. The pancake breakfast for 100b which included coffee and banana was delicious! Overall had such a lovely stay and highly recommend- wish we could have stayed another couple of nights!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sophie R

Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

We came here on a train from Bangkok and we were pleased to find moradok Thai. It is just a short stroll into town, has a long driveway that blocks out the noise from the street. The elder woman who runs it is great! Super hospitable, kind, and has a great sense of humour! A couple dogs live here too and are great for a bit of a play. Definitely would recommend that you stay here!

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank nathan l
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

Came here for a few nights to visit some tourist attractions with my two friends. We were instantly greeted by Mami who is the funniest and sweetest lady we've ever met. From the moment we met her she was always checking if we were okay and if our room was okay. Our room was great for the price and although the bathroom is basic, you get what you pay for?! I think a loooot of people on here are expecting a 5 star resort but I think this place is perfect if you want to visit the temples and what not in Ayutthaya because of its comfort and great location plus it's beautiful surroundings.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Suzy A
Reviewed 30 April 2015

I needed a hotel in Ayutthaya, only for 1 night, only for myself. I checked on the internet and i found this hotel, Moradokthay. It seemed quite attractive. It's actually a hostel but the price is more hotel like.
I arrived early in the morning. I told my name to the older lady at the reception and she was like expecting me. I had to wait a while because the room had still to be cleaned. I could wait at the outside bar. I looked around and need to say, its attractive and there is beautiful plantation outside. The bar was clean also. I think most their customers are young European people that want to visit the historical site in Ayutthaya.
After about 1 hour, I could go to my room. The room is quite big but no TV or fridge, only air conditioning. For the rest, a bed, 1 chair, a small table and a stand to put your suitcase on. The bathroom was not clean and you need to take a shower over your toilet because the water from the sprinkler arrives somewhere halfway the bathroom.
If you like to drink something, you need to go to the bar which is quite expensive and the service is not good, even no ice and a beer you need to drink from the bottle. There are a number of spirits behind the bar, so I decided to drink after my beer a vodka/coke. Had to wait a while because the son had to go buy ice in 7/eleven or so.
They serve breakfast but it's limited to 2 dishes. I went into town to get some food.
As I said, it looks attractive but get far from the value that you pay for. I wouldn't recommend it to people. There are many better and cheaper places in the same area.

Room Tip: I saw only my room. If you need only a bed, it's ok. The place is away from the road, so it'...
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2015

We stayed here one night on our way to Chiang Mai. It was 5 of us so we had 2 rooms. Both rooms were clean and spacious (Bug free). You have your own bathroom and the water got hot (yay), the beds where just ok.
The lady that runs the place is eccentric and awesome, we called her Aunty. We stayed up late drinking with her and the other guests at the little bar listening to music and playing cards. Breakfast was simple but just what we needed. She was nice enough to have her guy take us to the train when we had to leave (we paid of course) instead of trying to hunt down a tuk tuk.
It is also walking distance from the town visitor center and close to one of the wat's and local market. Easy to get around by foot or bike, but of course tuk tuks are readily available.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends