Ayodhara Village
US$100
US$72
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just got back from our stay at Ayodhara Village and unfortunately it has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at in Thailand! For the price their is not a single thing I could think of hat would make it worth it.

The hotel is far away from the main city and none of the local tuk tuk drivers know where it is and the only means of reaching the city from the hotel is by a motorcycle or rent a car for 200 baht/h which is quite steep. If you dont speak thai theirs no chance of getting anything due to none of the 3 people working in the hotel speaking english. Upon asking the receptionist if their is anything to do at the hotel, she laughed and said theirs nothing other than giving monks food for 70 baht per person at 6 in the morning or ride bikes for free in thai of course (no English spoken what so ever). After an hour or two of searching the tv for an english channel and 450 channels later we found 1, a music channel which is what kept us sane after 2 nights and 3 days. The tv was not working so we decided to go for a bike ride to our astonishment the 6 ancient bikes all had flat tires and after 20 minutes we where told that the air person wouldnt be their till the next day. So we decided to eat dinner at the hotel and where told that the kitchen was closed for the day and we would not be able to get dinner. The hotel literally ruined our trip.

A few more of our complaints consisted of:
-The breakfast is either thai or american, thai consists of a horrible cup of coffee, and boiled rice and pork. The american consists of an over poached egg, 2 pieces of toast and 2 hot dogs and another bitter cup of coffee. We tried thai the first day and american the second and didnt like either.
-The bed sheets never got changed, just refolded (their was a stain on the sheets)
-One of the towels had blue spots on it, which also never got changed just refolded as the blue spots where there the second day on one of the towels.
-The bed is a box spring with a small pad on it, amazingly uncomfortable.
-Never got to give monks food due to them just happen to not be coming the day we wanted to do it.
-Room only comes with a tv, towes, bed. Shampoo and body wash are in a green and pink bottle which are not labeled so you are left to guessing which one is which. The cups in the bathroom where not covered and bugs where all around them.

The list could go on and on but overall this hotel is not worth the price what so ever, ive stayed at hostels and have had a much better stay for a fraction of the price. In my opinion the slogan the hotel goes by "Ayodhara Village | Where time goes by slower" couldnt be any more accurate as their is nothing to do at the hotel and time literally stays still as you look for something to do. Travelers are better off staying at another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Salman D
Reviewed 6 September 2013

A lovely setting on a river, but the property reminded us of boy scout camp, with spread out log cabins. There was only one reception person and one groundskeeper on the property. On the way to our cabin, my wife and I were stung by a bee/hornet/wasp with hurt like crazy. The receptionist did bring some Tiger Balm, which helped, but my wife didn't sleep well as she is allergic to stings. The layout of the cabin we were in was not set up for travelers. Rustic, but very, very basic. Wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BDAHiFlyer
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We had booked for today's night, we arrived at 12, there was nobody there, just the receptionist and 2 cleaning people, it just looked like a fantom hotel. I asked to see the room, and then we just ran away paying half of the price that we should have paid for the night!
This hotel is ranked 4 stars, it is not even worth 2, something has to be done, prices are just outrageous compared to the value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank gcmenguy
Reviewed 16 March 2012

And we just checked in. Found out we got upgraded to the "honeymoon suite." I would never do that to my wife. AC not working. when I turned the fan on the lights went out. The guy that brought us in saw this and, well obviously doesn't think anything needs to be done about a short in the lighting. The shower sink was, is, nasty, toothpaste smeared on the faucet and handle. AC comes on just enough to make the room bearable then hot and humid again. Took me 30 minutes to get on line as the signal is so weak, and we're fairly close to the main office.

On the plus side, yes, nice country setting, grounds appear to be decent but I am afraid to look too close as I am to my room. Recepetion, needs a lesson on "friendliness." I think I may have gotten one smile, or was that a you'll be sorry smile.

Sad thing is this place has soooo much potential. Checking with Asiarooms now to get outta here, but may have to spend one night. They could accomdate better to help you get to town. Pretty isolated out here, again, which is fine but provide some transpo to get to and from. What they do is provide a taxi but you are timed? 2-3 hours and then back again. Sorry, doesn't work.

If this is the honeymoon suite, wow, whats the rest of the place look like.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank bulldogtwo
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Ayodhara Village is in a charming and quiet location right on the river and about a ten-minute drive from Ayutthaya and the historic park. It's in the countryside, so going around is not as straightforward as if you were in town. You sleep in typical teak-wooden huts that are extremely basic and simple but clean. We were here for only one night in December and we really enjoyed our stay. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful and overall, it looked like a very well-maintained place. In the morning we had a very good breakfast on our porch. I thought the food was just fine, but what I really enjoyed was the peaceful garden around us. If you're looking for a more sustainable accommodation option, this is a good place to keep in mind.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple