“Great experience ”

Snorkelling Day Tour at Koh Haa with Professional Guide in Ko Lanta
Ranked #4 of 37 Tours in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Blue Planet Divers offers SCUBA Diving (Courses and Guided Dives), Technical Diving, snorkeling and is the only center offering Freediving courses on the beautiful island of Koh Lanta. We are able to provide two different daily diving locations with our two boats. Our large and spacious big boat is perfect to spend a nice chill out day to meet new friends or stay in family and also to get full diving lessons. We are the only one which offer three dives by speedboat to the farther and best sites around Koh Lanta. Our highly experienced and friendly team members are multi-lingual speaking, French, English, Swedish, German and Dutch. Blue Planet Divers's best value is small ratio teaching because our first concern is high standards learning.
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Very professional and well run dive shop. We had a disappointing experience with the accommodation we had booked and the staff at the shop went out of their way to make alternate arrangements for us which we really appreciated. We did 2 days of diving with them. One set of 2 dives which were near phi phi and another day of 3 dives at the southern dive location. All the diving was good, the southern dives were particularly pretty and clear and we saw 2 mantas. There was a whale shark around briefly on one of the dives too but we managed to miss it somehow. The dive masters were all great, we had Natacha and Kevin who were both fun and very friendly with a focus on safety. Would definitely dive with Blue Planet again if in Koh Lanta.

1  Thank safasandra88
BpDivers, General Manager at Blue Planet Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for great review about our dive center! We hope you had an excellent diving time with us and I'm sure we will meet you again in a near future for you to finally meet this beautiful pelagic.

All our staffs closely follow our company safety standards to guide and enjoy every moment. We have all different ways to love and show our passion.

Thanks again and hopefully we will see you again for a new diving adventure!

Blue Planet Team

Reviewed 18 January 2017

My wife (PADI open water, 6 dives) and I (PADI open water, 10 dives) traveled to Ko Lanta in January of 2017, and wanted to bring in the new year by getting some diving in. Booking over the phone was a breeze (we did not try online). Ko Lanta is in close proximity to some incredible dive sites, and Rebecca talked us through what it would take to take in a couple different dive sites. While we were tempted by Hin Daeng and Hin Muang, we ultimately opted for a refresher course and a couple dives at Koh Haa island to save some money.

While our driver was 30 minutes late picking us up from our Resort in South Lanta (pick up is included), it did not take away from the amazing experience with Blue Planet Divers. After being dropped off at the Lanta pier, we met our Dive Master for the day (Kevin) and his apprentice (Derek) who were going to look after us for the day. Kevin and Derek were a great mix of friendly, fun, and detail oriented. Kevin did a great job in bringing two divers who hadn't dived since May of 2014 back up to speed (via a quiz, and review), so that we felt comfortable being back in the water and with the game plan for the day.

During our dives, Kevin walked us through all the required skills to complete the refresher, then got on with our dives as quickly as possible without compromising our understanding of diver safety. Kev knew the dive sites inside and out, with a complete knowledge of it's resident fish and crustaceans. We saw many fish (nudibranches, stonefish, scorpionfish, seahorses, a lobster, porcelain crab, porcupine fish) over the course of two dives, along with vibrant coral life.

Blue Planet offered breakfast (scrambled eggs, toast, and juice), snacks (deep fried spring rolls), and lunch (an array of traditional Thai food) in the cost of admission, which was greatly appreciated. After our dives, Kevin went over our dive logs as we ate lunch (make sure that he stamps your log with his rockin' stamp) and talked about life on Ko Lanta. All-in-all, everything went so smoothly and we enjoyed a wonderful day. Keep up the great work Blue Planet!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your high rated review! We're always charmed by reading reviews like your.

We all know pick up service is not always easy to keep on timing when other guests forgot to put their alarm clock or leave their watches at home. It's understandable as we all know that most of travelers come to relax and lost their mind on time. We are sorry that happen to you and we hope and will try to organize better this service.

Besides, we are very glad that all other services have been rated 5 stars and like you said we will keep it up and even try to make it better.

Thanks again and hope we will meet you in a near future for more fun diving!

Blue planet divers Team

Reviewed 17 January 2017

I was doing a two and three stars course, and i had the best instructor Jan Bareš from Czech republic. He was providing me with patience and passion and his educative and diving skills are at very very high level. I felt really comfortable in all the hard and heavy disciplines. Thanks to him i'm a three stars freediver now.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

I have dived with 100's of operators around the world and I value operators that tell the truth.. Dive where they say they will dive... Leave on time and run a schedule as planned and paid for and attract good staff.

I was fortunate to have Kat as my guide for the day.... Lovely lady with heaps of experience and an overall lovely person. The company made it an easy process to join them...it did it all by phone and email.. They collected me on time from my resort and we were back to the pier pretty much on time.

I would highly recommend Blue Planet Divers... I will se them when I return next year...

Tip: I believe you need multiple dives on all the sites... I would guess at least 4 on hin muang and him deang Each... So book 3-4 trips on these islands...

The great bonus with Blue Plant Divers is that seen they leave so early ... They are able to fit in a 3rd dive in at Koh Haa... Which again is all class... Each of the diving groups choose where they want to dive... A rarity considering most dive operators will simply go with majority rules...

The food is typical thai food which is the norm and expected.. But it was good.. Heaps of water .. Soft drinks, breads, fruit etc

I refuse to tip operators who are paid $230aud for a days diving purely because you feel obliged to do so even if the service is standard/normal/average... But I did tip both the boat deck hands/captain etc plus my guide.. Because of the small things they did above average.. Such as keeping the day on schedule... Considering the divers and adjusting the dive to suit their wants and wishes and allowing the divers to have a small say in their day... Kat and the other employees on the boat were always polite and thoughtful... and had safety as their highest priority ..

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

We have been thinking about learning how to dive for a while. Since we didn't have 3 days in koh lanta to do the full PADI certification we decided to get our "feet wet" first with the discovery dive. Kat was a great instructor she was extremely patient and encouraging. The food on board was great and the staff was super friendly and attentive.

2  Thank Slickdilla