“Wonderful experience”

Snorkelling Day Tour at Koh Haa with Professional Guide in Ko Lanta
Ranked #6 of 41 Tours in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Blue Planet Divers offers SCUBA Diving (Courses and Guided Dives), Technical Diving, snorkeling and is the only center offering Freediving courses on the beautiful island of Koh Lanta. We are able to provide two different daily diving locations with our two boats. Our large and spacious big boat is perfect to spend a nice chill out day to meet new friends or stay in family and also to get full diving lessons. We are the only one which offer three dives by speedboat to the farther and best sites around Koh Lanta. Our highly experienced and friendly team members are multi-lingual speaking, French, English, Swedish, German and Dutch. Blue Planet Divers's best value is small ratio teaching because our first concern is high standards learning.
Reviewed 12 April 2017

A wonderful trip out - my 11 year old daughters first trial dive and what a way to start !!! Saw a shark and a turtle and so so so many wonderful fish - everyone was so helpful and friendly - especially Kev - good food - comfortable boat - highly recommend

Reviewed 2 April 2017

What a treasure this place is. I lived in Koh Lanta for two months and dove with Blue Planet and its wonderful crew many times – both free and scuba. The people here love sharing their passion for the depths.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

I decided to go Hin Daeng and Hin Muang with Blue Planet Divers after seeing their high ratings here. Picked up from my hotel 45 minutes late after waking up at 5:30am! Not sure if they would have picked me up at all if I didn't call after 30 minutes of waiting. I didn't even get an apology for this! At least 4 other customers that I personally spoke to were picked up very late (or made their way to the boat on their own after pick up delay). We left on the speed catamaran around 7:30am (half hour later than planned). 15-20 minutes into the trip we stopped due to engine failure. Thai boat crew tried fixing for 2 hours or so while about 15 customers hang out on the boat. Several larger dive boats that head to the same dive sites passed by and one handed over some equipment to help fix and then left. I wonder why we weren't transferred onto one of them? They were definitely more than large enough to accommodate. Anyway, about 2 hours of trying, fixing didn't work out and we headed back (slowly). Until this point in time there had been no apologies or a single announcement from the dive crew. People had to go and ask about what was happening, what the plan was now etc. 5 minutes before we reached the harbour someone made an announcement and a very dry apology. So we were back on land around 10:30. Back at the shop the manager was quite relaxed about the situation, no apologies made but he tried to book trips for the next day. I do understand mechanical issues may arise and that was unlucky, but the way everything from start to end was handled seemed quite disorganised with no one taking responsibility really. Hope other customers get a better service. Two stars instead of one because my disappointment is not related to the actual diving experience.

BpDivers, General Manager at Blue Planet Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We always appreciate having feedback about our organisation and we would like to apologize for not being able to give you a full 5* stars service.

As you said we had an engine failure and not being able to fix it on that day. Our mechanic was going to fix this little issue until he saw a bigger problem and then decide to cancel the trip. We had a few issues before with it and now we send it to a boatyard to make a full check and service. We're not escaping from our duties and we are sorry that it happened to you.

Regarding the apologies I'm a bit confuse as I know our professional team has always been anticipated this kind of problem by announcing cancellation and apologizes. I definitely remember to have sent mine to all guest after being back at the shop and I am sorry if you didn't hear it.

Unfortunately we couldn't send divers from catamaran to our big boat because it was full and adding more people on it wouldn't be safe. At this point when the big boat came to the catamaran everyone was thinking that we could fix it and let it run to those far away sites. Mechanic is a real problem in Thailand and it's not always easy to make proper fixes. But now as said previously our boat is going to have a full engine check and service to make sure it won't happen again.

Pick up shuttle is always an issue when people before you are very late to their pick up point. It makes every other pick up late and people thinks we have forgot them. Anyway it is our problem and we're sorry it affected you.

Please receive our apologize and very sorry again that we couldn't offer you our usual 5*stars service. If you come by again we hope you would consider and give a chance to change your mind about us!

Blue Planet Team

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I did my Open Water scuba diver there and was the only Student in my course. That was very helpful because my instructor (Corrina) could Support me the most.
The courses have a Maximum of 4 students and if possible in your motherlanguage.
The atmosphere was always relaxed.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Diving was wonderful and really enjoyed our holiday. Our Divemaster Dan was competent, thoughtful and helpful. Can't wait to go back.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction