“The real Thailand in Lanta”

Lanta Marine Park View Resort
Ranked #69 of 85 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We arrived in Lanta from Phuket and we found the place we would like to find. The resort is in a very nice spot in Kantiang beach, the view is fantastic. We book a deluxe room with 2 beds and we spent a lot of time looking the fantastic scenary. Good restaurant and we had a good time in Blues doo bar where the owner, Bin tell us a lot of story and suggestions about Lanta. While my wife enjoyed a massage I drink a good beer with the best view of Lanta. Ciao from Sardegna to all from Corrado and Roberta and our young daughter.

Room Tip: With sea view.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We chose the 'newer' bungalows, made out of brick, with AC. Arriving at the reception, you can have an idea of the mess they are. Unfortunately, I have made a reservation on Booking.com - NOTE: they only offer non-refundable fares - That's the catch!

We checked in our bungalow, and yes, the view is nice. But that's it. Once you face the bungalow you wonder why would you travel so far to stay here. The bathroom was extremely dirty and depressing. Still, we thought, let's do this!

I decided to open the curtains, and a huge (~30cm) lizard ran from behind the curtains to some bamboo wall decoration. Upon inspection, we saw two more. We tried to scare them away, with no avail. Although this is an air conditioned unit, there is a 5-7cm gap in the front door. Even if we would block this at night, we already had creatures living inside!

I did not want to spend the night wondering about the noises and what else would like to crawl into the bed, which by the way, with a very thin sheet, would also have other creatures living in it.

For the first time in my life, I left the place and checked into an amazing place next door (Phra Nang Lanta). Clean, beautiful, with great staff and comfortable rooms.

On our 2nd day, we saw a snake being captured nearby this place. It made me all more glad to have checked out from this place.

As we only stayed in the property for 2 hours (while we searched other places to stay), I tried to get my money back for the 4 nights I have pre-booked and they refused. Booking.com has also been unable to refund. I am very surprised by the lack of service of booking.com, given that the place was not as advertised.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE!

I stay over 100 nights a year in hotels all over the world. So I'm pretty good at evaluating hotels. This one is going downhill fast. The new group leasing the property don't seem to have any experience in running hotels, or they just don't care. The entire property is massively run down.

When we checked in, the bathroom was disgusting and had not been cleaned. Even had leftover tooth paste stains on the sink counter. Lights barely worked and some were broken. No soap or shampoo. Toilet paper bar was broken. Even had lip stains on the patio windows, which obviously hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Ants were all over the place.

Overall, in a total state of disrepair. Bed was terrible with a big dip in the middle and only a thin sheet over the mattress. No night stands. TV was an extremely old tube model. Refrigerator was really dirty. Holes in the ceiling in the patio.

Went to dinner and the menu is sparse, but the food was ok.. Hard to enjoy the sunset with the band members there literally shouting at each other as they were setting up. This went on for almost 2 hours. Some guests actually left.

Zero wifi in our deluxe ocean view bungalow. But did get to listen to booming music coming from the bar until 1am, Ugh. Mixed in with the music coming in from the bar on the beach.

No hot water kettle in the room and nobody around for coffee until almost 9am! Breakfast was minimal.

Trash is all over the place and obviously has been there for a long time. Foot paths are crumbling and not swept, hand rails are falling apart. Etc, etc, etc.

Lovely beach, terrible hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2017

This place is best to be avoided. We travel as backpackers, have traveled months in Africa and are not keen on luxury. But we do appreciate safety, cleanliness and practicality. This resort is not worth visiting. We made reservation for six nights and stayed only three, lost some money but could not stay more. The first room (45€) was worn out, filled with spiders and ants and the smell of insecticide was terrible. We were given a better room but the door could not be closed properly, it was left approx. 5 cm open which was not nice since there are snakes in the garden. Since the garden is only partially lit we almost walked over a snake in the dark. But the true nightmare is the large monitor lizard living on the roof of the last bungalow. We saw it climbing to the roof and it was huge (2m)! If you want to enjoy your holidays, sleep well and be safe, go elsewhere.

The best massage. Stay elsewhere but come for a massage!

Room Tip: The monitoz lizard lives on the roof of the last bungalow on right on top of the the hill
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

There's always a but, right? I just can't give a 5 stars, wish I could, because staff was very friendly and helpful. Location is wonderful. Maybe it was just our luck, that we got very old bungalow. They have newer ones, so I don't want anyone to think that this place is awful. Ours was very basic and it would be okay, but seriously how much time or money takes painting the walls? Bathroom was terrible, dirty, with ants all over. So I recommend it because of the location, but maybe try to ask about newer bungalow.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple