“Long Wait for the Food”

Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #27 of 496 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Price range: US$1 - US$17
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our philosophy is all about fresh local ingredients and Thai family traditions, presented with a modern touch. Starting in 2007, Lek (Chef and owner) built up the restaurant on an idyllic beachfront, using natural materials, and converting his family fishing boats into seating. All our seafood is fresh from the sea and not farm fed, we do not use and artificial flavoring such as MSG and where we can we buy organic. Open daily from 1pm with reseservation recommended from 5pm especially in high season. We have limited number of tables for dining and we like it this way as we keep the same staff for high busy season and low season. In high season we have a large beach bar area with bean bags and lounge beds perfect for a pre dinner drink or chilling after dinner. We put huge efforts into training our staff, sourcing wine and on trend cocktails to providing a full dining experience High season large groups max 8 persons. Most credit cards accepted but cash best banks charge 3%.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant and the service was awful.

When the waiter took our order he said the barracuda would take a little longer, approximately 20 minutes. That was fine. I didn’t mind having to wait 20 minutes for fresh seafood. He also asked whether I wanted to wait and have the steamed mussels that I ordered and the barracuda served at the same time. I said that was fine as well and I didn’t mind waiting.

We did NOT wait only 20 minutes for our food. About one hour after ordering, the waiter came to our table and said that it would only be ten more minutes. 25 minutes later he came to our table again and said our food would be ready in 2 minutes. That was a complete lie. In fact, it took well OVER ONE HOUR for our food to be served.

More importantly, when our food finally did arrive it was cold. I ended up not eating it for two main reasons. One, the mussels were cold. I ordered steamed mussels and there was no steam or warmth to my meal. Second, I did not eat the food for safety reasons. Because the mussels weren’t warm, it was safe to say that they weren’t going to be properly cooked either. I just couldn’t take that chance and neither should any other restaurant patron.

Do yourself a favor and skip this restaurant. I wish we did.

FishermansRestaurant, Host at Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Hurleygirl003
Thank you for your review and honestly we admit we made a mistake. We recently switched our internal system to an automated POS system which relies on WiFi and as you visited us the night before full moon the WiFi around the island was intermittent due to increase in tourists and usage.
In response to your review we upgraded our router privately rather than by the internet provided as we had increased our speed prior and still had problems. Additionally we held more internal training sessions with our staff. It was unfortunate the waiter was our junior waiter and on the night in question and we had no front of house manager that night, he had the least experience in dealing with such a situation and as he got busy he forgot to inform our owner the chef so we can only apologise again that we did not address the issue whilst you were in the restaurant and assure you we have addressed this internally.
If you visit the island again we would like to offer you compensation please find our email so you can contact us directly as at our team meeting we were all very disappointed that this was your opinion of us and we hope we get a chance to change this to a positive one.
Email fishermansphangan@gmail.com
Best Regards from us all at Fisherman's Restaurant and Bar

Write a ReviewReviews (2,406)

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Good fish dishes.
Try the Thai style whole steamed fish!
The only place on the island you can get a Campari drink.
Skip the dessert.. and keep in mind that at lunch time it’s super hot there.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Really fresh an tasty fish...amazing...
And the service is very good.
The ambient is beautiful..
I would go there every day,and the prices are acceptable

FishermansRestaurant, Host at Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear Pierre V

Thank you so much for this feedback we are pleased you thought our fish was tasty and amazing and even more so that you would visit us every day we would like this too !!!
Hopefully we see you soon
Best regards
From all of us at Fisherman's Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful food for a reasonable price, I would 100% recommend to anyone visiting and staying in Koh Phangan.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here couple of times. The atmosphere is great and the service good. We loved the food, especially the salads and starters.

Dear Awareness000

Thank you for both the review and for visiting us on many occasions we are very happy to know that you loved our food and thought the service and atmosphere was great we just hope you can come back soon.

Best regards