“Finally a place where I could rest”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
The Sanctuary Thailand
Ranked #22 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I feel like a new person after being here! The combination of Excellent Vegetarian, Raw, traditional food options, Smoothies, Fresh Juice, and more make this the best retreat I have been to. You can eat as well as you want, have Thai Food, or eat completely raw. They also have the best snack, cake, and raw cake bar in Ko Pha Ngan.

The Healing Center, Detox, Massage, Spa, Steam, Beach Activities, Tea Temple, Private Bungalows, and overall comfortable feeling is overwhelming.

This is not for a stuffy High Maintenance person this is for someone who is real and needs real rest time. How can you rest if you can't relax Thai style in the first place.

If you need to party there are plenty of Bays near by with Nightly events or you can attend unique family style dinners in each area.

Make sure to go see Chainin in the Tea Temple

Amazing!!

Room Tip: Check Out the Ocean View Accommodation it has the best views and is nice and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
SanctuaryThailand, Manager at The Sanctuary Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Hi Matt.

What a lovely review, its always nice to read such glowing comments - it makes me and all the team feel especially proud.

Wish you well in your journey

Nolan and the crew

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Here's the thing: my husband became very sick on this trip (he came to the island not feeling right), and Mike, the owner, could not have been more calming or compassionate to us. I was beside myself after a few days of ibuprofen and rest didn't work and my husband became delirious with fever. I wish I had reached out earlier. He went way out of his way to make sure we go the medical help we needed. I can't thank him enough.
Of course, I hope this won't happen to you so re the actual resort. I think it's really lovely. The food is totally amazing, especially the curries at dinner, and very fairly priced. It's beautiful walking around the area. The beach is gorgeous and the people watching can't be beat. We were in the Leela House (see pics). I'd say for glampers it's amazing- quite sexy and terrific views. If you don't dig bats or whatever, get one of the a/c rooms. I walked around quite a bit, and they're all good, I think.
It's a great place to spend a few days unwinding, but most of all, you're being looked after by some truly kind people.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Fantastic place to visit loved it here,it's well worth a visit my daughters had a brilliant time here they washed and fed the elephants learnt lots of thing about them.you can only go here if you book with them direct and they pick you up and drop you off lunch is included you will get wet take a costume and change of clothes.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Hi Christine - Thanks for the review - but I think you have reviewed the wrong place.

We have no elephants here, lots of choices for lunch and lots of interesting costumes, for sure, but elephants, no!

Best

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I heard about this place via word of mouth and came to chill for a few days, ended up spending 6 nights.

The beach and adjacent beaches are wonderful.

Food is great, not too expensive.

Staff are very helpful.

Great place to meet people if travelling solo.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Hi smelly jack russell, what an interesting name!

Pleased you were able to come here and unwind in our little corner of paradise!

hope to see you again very soon

Best wishes

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

I rented The Sanctuary to host a group of 19 people for 3 weeks. The staff were attentive and friendly and we couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful location with the beaches, food and atmosphere. Management were responsive to our requests if we required assistance with schedule changes or minor maintenance if we discovered a problem. We have decided to book The Sanctuary to host us for another retreat next year and I would highly recommend The Sanctuary to anyone looking to book a secluded getaway for singles, couples or large groups.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Hi Pat
Thank you for stopping by and leaving us a review and thanks again for bringing such a wonderful retreat to our bay !

We take great pride in hosting retreats and its always lovely to feel the energy from a life changing course such as yours.

really looking forward to hosting you again here next year

Best wishes