What a place to land in a world wind as we find our feet and our wings to begin our around the world trip.
We've been in Thailand for a number of weeks and came to the Santuary for some grounding, healing, detoxing and a breath of fresh air.
We stayed in a basic room near the front of the resort. We had a hot shower and aircon and a front patio. There were other rooms with amazing ocean views and balconies and hammocks and others that are dorm rooms. So there is plenty for any budget.
Some Rooms you can only book when you arrive on the island and aren't online and there are also other local villas that you can book on arrival if they have room. These places are not found anywhere online.
FOOD - vegan, vegatarian, pescatarian.
Each day there are a number of activities from yoga, to meditation, healings, massage, breathwork, Cacao ceremonies etc
Beach you can hire stand up paddle boards or kayaks or you can swim out to the pontoon and spend the afternoon sun baking or swimming in the hammock...
HOW TO GET HERE: you need to get a boat. It is literally cut off from the rest of Koh Phangan by Jungle. The Tri Bay Area is absolutely beautiful and well worth the short boat ride and wet feet.
Boat there's two options
1. From Haad Rin beach otherwise known as full moon (Koh Phangan) find a long boat and tell them the Sanctuary. They will.know where to go.
2. Their is a daily supply boat that comes from Koh Samui. I am not quiet sure where this comes from. We caught it back and it pulled up to a beach somewhere. I'd suggest this option if you're coming from
Koh Samui straight to the Sanctuary to cut two boats trips down to one.
Follow us around the world on Instagram @kristyandmatty
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1991 The Sanctuary is a unique beach front resort offering beautiful houses, comfortable bungalows and budget dorm beds & boasts a 300 + vegetarian and seafood menu & bakery. Offering a diverse Spa menu & Detox fasting center, day trips, Kayaking, snorkelling and our gym to encourage you out of your beach front hammock. An eclectic mix of guests ensures a special beach holiday. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary Island Hotel Koh Phangan
- The Sanctuary Island Spa