“Serenity in the Jungle”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
The Sanctuary Thailand
Ranked #22 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

What a place to land in a world wind as we find our feet and our wings to begin our around the world trip.

We've been in Thailand for a number of weeks and came to the Santuary for some grounding, healing, detoxing and a breath of fresh air.

We stayed in a basic room near the front of the resort. We had a hot shower and aircon and a front patio. There were other rooms with amazing ocean views and balconies and hammocks and others that are dorm rooms. So there is plenty for any budget.

Some Rooms you can only book when you arrive on the island and aren't online and there are also other local villas that you can book on arrival if they have room. These places are not found anywhere online.

FOOD - vegan, vegatarian, pescatarian.

Each day there are a number of activities from yoga, to meditation, healings, massage, breathwork, Cacao ceremonies etc

Beach you can hire stand up paddle boards or kayaks or you can swim out to the pontoon and spend the afternoon sun baking or swimming in the hammock...

HOW TO GET HERE: you need to get a boat. It is literally cut off from the rest of Koh Phangan by Jungle. The Tri Bay Area is absolutely beautiful and well worth the short boat ride and wet feet.

Boat there's two options
1. From Haad Rin beach otherwise known as full moon (Koh Phangan) find a long boat and tell them the Sanctuary. They will.know where to go.
2. Their is a daily supply boat that comes from Koh Samui. I am not quiet sure where this comes from. We caught it back and it pulled up to a beach somewhere. I'd suggest this option if you're coming from
Koh Samui straight to the Sanctuary to cut two boats trips down to one.

Follow us around the world on Instagram @kristyandmatty

Stayed: July 2017
SanctuaryThailand, Manager at The Sanctuary Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Hi Mrs KM

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely review - the travel advice is handy for people too!

Do hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation and do remember to pop back and see us soon

Best wishes Nolan

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We actually stayed at a nearby hotel in Had Tien but always came here to eat as the vegan food is the best (although a tad bit pricy). Movie night was also great. The servers here know a lot of english so you can actually converse with them and they are very helpful especially Will.

Place is just so relaxing and the view is terrific.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
SanctuaryThailand, Manager at The Sanctuary Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Hi Mark - thanks for stopping by and visiting us :) Pleased to hear you enjoyed our offerings !

Hope to see you again one day

Best wishes

Nolan

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I love it here and have been about 5 times. I have gone on my own, brought friends, my sister and one my mum. The place has delicious vegetarian food, wonderfully beautiful people and all sorts of soul-nourishing activities. A place to relax, a place to love. Do it.

Room Tip: Stay in the dorm and meet people and then stay in one of the more luxury huts.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Hi Aidan, very kind of you to stop by and leave us a review :) so pleased you have managed to share the Sanctuary with so many friends and family - that's what keeps the vibe alive.

Best wishes

Nolan

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I feel like a new person after being here! The combination of Excellent Vegetarian, Raw, traditional food options, Smoothies, Fresh Juice, and more make this the best retreat I have been to. You can eat as well as you want, have Thai Food, or eat completely raw. They also have the best snack, cake, and raw cake bar in Ko Pha Ngan.

The Healing Center, Detox, Massage, Spa, Steam, Beach Activities, Tea Temple, Private Bungalows, and overall comfortable feeling is overwhelming.

This is not for a stuffy High Maintenance person this is for someone who is real and needs real rest time. How can you rest if you can't relax Thai style in the first place.

If you need to party there are plenty of Bays near by with Nightly events or you can attend unique family style dinners in each area.

Make sure to go see Chainin in the Tea Temple

Amazing!!

Room Tip: Check Out the Ocean View Accommodation it has the best views and is nice and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Hi Matt.

What a lovely review, its always nice to read such glowing comments - it makes me and all the team feel especially proud.

Wish you well in your journey

Nolan and the crew

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Here's the thing: my husband became very sick on this trip (he came to the island not feeling right), and Mike, the owner, could not have been more calming or compassionate to us. I was beside myself after a few days of ibuprofen and rest didn't work and my husband became delirious with fever. I wish I had reached out earlier. He went way out of his way to make sure we go the medical help we needed. I can't thank him enough.
Of course, I hope this won't happen to you so re the actual resort. I think it's really lovely. The food is totally amazing, especially the curries at dinner, and very fairly priced. It's beautiful walking around the area. The beach is gorgeous and the people watching can't be beat. We were in the Leela House (see pics). I'd say for glampers it's amazing- quite sexy and terrific views. If you don't dig bats or whatever, get one of the a/c rooms. I walked around quite a bit, and they're all good, I think.
It's a great place to spend a few days unwinding, but most of all, you're being looked after by some truly kind people.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple