“5 stars for location!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
The Sanctuary Thailand
Ranked #22 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 5 August 2017

I stayed at The Sanctuary for 9 nights, I think we checked in on the 5th July. Myself and my husband had such a wonderful holiday here. The actual hotel/ resort/ retreat, what ever you want to call it, it lovely. We stayed in the Garden House and we were very happy with it.

The Sanctuary is a hard place to review, I think it's because there's nothing like it! It is a back to basics/ nature kind of place. We had insects, lizards and bats in our room, the bats were fun! Our toilet was in a separate building to our bed etc, I could have a shower looking out into the jungle which was so cool. The restaurant is also nice, nice setting nice food, pretty pricey but there are other places you can eat and drink. I tried the paddle boarding and yoga, both were great.

Now there are a lot of hippies around. I like to think of myself as a bit of a hippy and was looking forward to having some interesting conversations with other like minded people. I did meet some lovely people, but a lot of the guests at the sanctuary take their hippy life VERY seriously. I'll leave it at that.

To me, the BEST part about The Sanctuary is the location, it's just amazing. I absolutely loved being able to walk from Haad Thein, to Haad Yuan then over to Why Nam beach. Once you get a bit bored at one, just move on to the next. I could spend my whole life walking between those beaches. The area is hilly with a lot of steps, which is good for burning off all those pad thais and chang beers!

There are parties happening almost every other day, eden, guys bar, and they have some in the middle of the jungle every once in a while, I didn't get to go to that one. They're great fun and a great way to meet people.

We did actually walk from Haad Thein to Had Rin. Now that was a challenge! Google the route and do it if you want, but prepared to be eaten alive my mosquitos! It was pretty hard to work out which way to go, I wasn't sure that we would ever get out of the jungle alive! The articles/ blogs you might read make it sound easy. It wasn't.

So overall, I would definitely recommend the Sanctuary and I'd love to go back one day and maybe do a yoga retreat of fasting. If your outdoorsy and love nature then I think you'd love the Sanctuary. Big shout out to Chard on the front desk/ customer relations. He was super friendly and is great at his job :)

After writing this I just want to go back now...

Room Tip: We loved the Garden House, hammock on the balcony was lovely
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
SanctuaryThailand, Manager at The Sanctuary Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hi Dolly Asia,
Thanks for stopping by and dropping down a few lines about our little piece of heaven.

Its been wonderful watching this little area develop and grow into a world renowned holiday destination over the last years. Across the Tri - Bay there is something for everyone.

So pleased you enjoyed your experience here - come back soon !

Reviewed 31 July 2017

So many great memories of times spent, quality folks and great food. Lazy afternoons, sunset views and late night rendezvous. Shout out to the bay tribe keep the alt-left vibe alive. Never give up the freedom dream.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
SanctuaryThailand, Manager at The Sanctuary Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Hi Noah
Thanks for getting touch - ah, the lazy afternoons and the late night rendezvous - what joys !!

Best wishes to you and hope to see you here again very soon

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

What a place to land in a world wind as we find our feet and our wings to begin our around the world trip.

We've been in Thailand for a number of weeks and came to the Santuary for some grounding, healing, detoxing and a breath of fresh air.

We stayed in a basic room near the front of the resort. We had a hot shower and aircon and a front patio. There were other rooms with amazing ocean views and balconies and hammocks and others that are dorm rooms. So there is plenty for any budget.

Some Rooms you can only book when you arrive on the island and aren't online and there are also other local villas that you can book on arrival if they have room. These places are not found anywhere online.

FOOD - vegan, vegatarian, pescatarian.

Each day there are a number of activities from yoga, to meditation, healings, massage, breathwork, Cacao ceremonies etc

Beach you can hire stand up paddle boards or kayaks or you can swim out to the pontoon and spend the afternoon sun baking or swimming in the hammock...

HOW TO GET HERE: you need to get a boat. It is literally cut off from the rest of Koh Phangan by Jungle. The Tri Bay Area is absolutely beautiful and well worth the short boat ride and wet feet.

Boat there's two options
1. From Haad Rin beach otherwise known as full moon (Koh Phangan) find a long boat and tell them the Sanctuary. They will.know where to go.
2. Their is a daily supply boat that comes from Koh Samui. I am not quiet sure where this comes from. We caught it back and it pulled up to a beach somewhere. I'd suggest this option if you're coming from
Koh Samui straight to the Sanctuary to cut two boats trips down to one.

Follow us around the world on Instagram @kristyandmatty

Stayed: July 2017

Hi Mrs KM

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely review - the travel advice is handy for people too!

Do hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation and do remember to pop back and see us soon

Best wishes Nolan

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We actually stayed at a nearby hotel in Had Tien but always came here to eat as the vegan food is the best (although a tad bit pricy). Movie night was also great. The servers here know a lot of english so you can actually converse with them and they are very helpful especially Will.

Place is just so relaxing and the view is terrific.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
SanctuaryThailand, Manager at The Sanctuary Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Hi Mark - thanks for stopping by and visiting us :) Pleased to hear you enjoyed our offerings !

Hope to see you again one day

Best wishes

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I love it here and have been about 5 times. I have gone on my own, brought friends, my sister and one my mum. The place has delicious vegetarian food, wonderfully beautiful people and all sorts of soul-nourishing activities. A place to relax, a place to love. Do it.

Room Tip: Stay in the dorm and meet people and then stay in one of the more luxury huts.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Hi Aidan, very kind of you to stop by and leave us a review :) so pleased you have managed to share the Sanctuary with so many friends and family - that's what keeps the vibe alive.

Best wishes