“Beautiful”
Review of View Point Resort

View Point Resort
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I stayed here with my ex on last March. It was the last hotel we looked after walking around the island, and i was happy with this resort. We got uphill bungalow, so needed a wee effort to get there, room was spacious, with free big bottles of mineral water changed everyday, but i'd say it was quite expensive compared to other places, but it was worthy with the scenery we got, clean big bed, clean bathroom, tv cable, small fridge, private pool, and breakfast and of course it was near to my dive shop BVD. The only thing i could complain about was the sound of party down at the beach that made me got bad sleep, kept waking me up. My advise would be, bring earplugs, it will help you alot.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend in October. We had booked a room with a sea view which we were told was confirmed when we called, but on arrival we were told that this room was not available but would be the following day, as the person in that room was sick,so we were moved to the bungalo for the 'jungle lover'. It was a beautiful, but there is no view at all as it surrounded by dense plants, so it is very dark. The next day we were moved to a bungalo with a sea view, which really did have a stunning view over the bay. We stayed for 5 nights in the resort. The rooms are very original, with beautiful architecture. My only fault of the resort was its service, there are dozens of staff, but nothing seemed to be well communicated. For example, we were not told that we could have had our room cleaned, you are apparantly supposed to hand in your room key if you want this to happen. I also did miss having a hot shower.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loquat522
Reviewed 8 October 2011

My husband loves to dive so Koh Tao was the place he wanted to be. I selected View Point Resort and I could not have been happier. The villa was superb with views to die for, aptly named resort. The service we could not fault and the food cheap but good. We stayed only 3 nights but wished we had stayed more. The only downside, if you are looking for action was location - away from hustle and bustle. This did not deter me as I found the Villa a sanctuary for a well deserved rest. The management were more than helpful even organising an in room or should I say by the pool massage. My husband even though the price for him was more than anywhere else on the island absolutely loved it too and could comprehend the value. At night we slept with the doors to the villa bedroom open with no need for airconditioning a pleasant change from most of Thailand. The ensuite bathroom was also magnificent but if you don't like the frogs or gekos beware but remember this is their habitat and they are harmless. We plan to return next year and enjoy the splendor once more. Highly recommend this resort for those who want to get away and indulge in Paradise!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights as part of our honeymoon after being recommended it by a friend. Although maybe a little more expensive than the average Thai accommodation, it's FAR from average and definitely WELL worth it. Pool villas are just amazing - private infinity pool overlooking nothing but sparkling sea, heaps of room including separate lounge room, fabulous indoor/outdoor bathroom, great bed with amazing view - everything you could want.
Resort restaurant is the best food we ate in the whole of Thailand and fantastically priced - we tried to go elsewhere but kept coming back - 3 nights out of 6!
And the staff couldn't be more helpful. Every request is fulfilled with no hassle, you're met with a smile and a greeting every time you see any of the staff, they are just genuinely lovely and helpful.
For a relaxing, romantic, perfect getaway, look no further than Viewpoint, we can't wait for a good excuse to return!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Aussie_Nic83
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Koh tao has a lot of choice and loads of beautiful places to stay, and i would really recommend this place - it is a little bit out of the way but the views and surroundings and stunning - our bungalow was on the edge of the cliff just past the view point , as the bungalows are in the hills there is a little walk to the restaurant but it takes a minute or two and then you are sat above the ocean eating amazing food - there are other resorts along the bay so you don't feel stranded - its worth getting a kayak to explore the other side of the bay or round the corner to shark bay - the staff are really sweet and friendly and are happy to take you back to the ferry or town after your stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple