“Taking diving to another level”
Review of Big Blue Tech

Big Blue Tech
Ranked #69 of 104 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Blue Tech, the dedicated technical training and exploration department for Big Blue Diving in Thailand.We offer Technical Diver, Cavern and Cave Diver, Rebreather Diver, Dive Medic and Scuba Engineer Training from several internationally recognized training agencies. We are based on Koh Tao Island but provide training throughout Thailand and South East Asia.We provide our customers with technical expeditions, wreck explorations, cave penetrations and rebreather support all lead by our experienced in house dive team and partners in the technical diving industry.Located in four places in Thailand with our main resort in Koh Tao, you can find our offices in Bangkok, Khao Lak and Chumphon giving you options for diving including Similan IslandsWe also provide equipment repair, sales and service for all major technical diving equipment and systems.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently finished two back to back Tech courses with Andy Campbell and Evan Hazlett at Big Blue Tech. The courses were TDI Sidemount and SDI Solo diving. In a few words, it was perfect balance of challenge, fun, precision and professionalism. Everyday, they devoted their full attention to keeping me safe, pushing me harder than I thought I could go, and being so generous with the information that our days would typically end with chat sessions where they would share experiences and information they were not required to give. You don't get that kind of dedication in many places. In the water they clearly know what they're doing and at no point, though the skills and situations could be a bit intense/FUN, feel like I was not in the best hands.The sidemount course has given me a new way to dive and taken my own skill level to a new place, and the solo course has given me the confidence and ability to go and be with the ocean by myself. There's nothing like being in the water with just you and the fish. These guys are the best and you would be missing out not to come and take a few courses with them. Can't wait to get back there and keep on learning.

All reviews
"big blue"
in 4 reviews
"fun diving"
in 3 reviews
"open water and advanced open water"
"underwater world"
"internship"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

in a word PROFESSIONALS!

I started in Big Blue doing the advanced nitrox Tdi course and advanced decompression techniques!

Everything was perfect professionalism, logistics, equipment.
This is something that I like since they have different models of each part and you can go testing.

Then continue with Extended Range and now I keep doing Fun Dives with them.

Paco was my instructor along with Andy, both very familiar but at the same time strict (as expected in these courses).

I recommend 100% Big blue Tech❤️❤️❤️

Thank you for making me discover my true passion in diving

#techlove #asacoconpaco

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I did my divemaster and instructor training at Big Blue diving, and got in to contact with Big Blue Tech that way.
After first dipping my toes into deeper water with the deep and nitrox specialty courses I decided to also do my sidemount course. This eventually led me to do Advanced nitrox and Decompression procedures, gas blender and Solo diver with Andy, Paco and Evan. All of the things I have done with Big Blue Tech have made me into a much better diver and instructor.
The thing that stands out at Big Blue Tech is the attention to detail and safety. Nothing goes unnoticed and if you do make mistakes, it will lead to discussion so you actually learn Why it is so important to do certain things in certain ways.
I have had great experiences with the team and Big Blue Tech and will definitely be back for more amazing diving.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was reluctant to do my sidemount course. I couldn't see the merit, but I can honestly say it's one of the coolest things I've ever done in my 3 year/500 dive career (so far).

When you work with the Big Blue tech team you get so much more than just a course. You get a thorough evaluation of your entire diving ability and get your skills stretched beyond their limits, whoever you are. This at first is quite humbling. You may think you're a competent diver, aware of your limits and your surroundings but this team doesn't rest on just teaching you the content. They ensure that you come out of the end of the course a much better SCUBA diver as well as with a new certification.

If you think tech diving is a walk in the park, you've been doing it in the wrong place. Yes, it is tricky, it is far from easy, but the challenges and scenarios you work through are so cool and so much fun and you will feel so satisfied when you've finished your course.

I will only ever do Tech Diving at Big Blue tech, and with Andy Campbell, and having done specs elsewhere in the world where the training was loose and sloppy, and didn't test my abilities, I've really come to realise that it is really worth making the trip to Koh Tao to get an instructor that's worth the money that you're paying them.

Worth every penny, and one of the best experiences of my diving career.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Big Blue Tech will transform the way you dive. I did the TDI Advanced Nitrox, Deco Procedures, and Advanced Wreck courses in sidemount with Andy and Evan and couldn't be happier with their instruction and guidance. It was challenging for me as a diver with only moderate experience, but their patience and persistence saw me through. They also really tightened up my sidemount skills.

If you want to get into technical diving, I strongly recommend doing it here. With all the knowledge and experience brought by the instructors, excellent equipment (even if you have your own, it's great to try new options), and the flexibility that comes with having their own boat for tech dives, Big Blue Tech is a great place to take your diving adventures to the next level. I'll definitely come back for some fun diving... and eventually another course or two!