“A great diving school with cool people ”
Review of Phoenix Divers

Phoenix Divers
Ranked #8 of 104 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a small dive school on Koh Tao that offers small groups and a family atmosphere but with all the facilities you expect from a bigger dive school. Our beautiful location is right in the heart of Sairee beach, nestled in between an array of the best bars and restaurants the island has to offer. We are also proud to have a purpose built dive pool, 4 classrooms, two big pink dive boats and an awesome team of friendly & experienced dive professionals. We offer a range of different diving packages and courses from beginner all the way up to Instructor. Our Open Water course (your first diving license) includes 4 nights accommodation all for the price of 8,500thb. Please check out our website, like us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had a great time doing my SSI OPEN WATER DIVING COURSE.The staff is very quick and responsive to any request made.Great value for every buck.They accommodated and guided us according to our time available at Koh Tao.
Special thanks to my cool mentor Angelo for taking special precautions not to aggravate my lower back problems.Thanks a lot !
Highly recommended

"feel confident"
"see you soon"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A friend of mine and me spontaneously decided to take a diving course. The Phoenix diving school is amazing. We felt welcomed the second we arrived. Everybody is extremely friendly and the stuff teached us in a small group of four. Competed to the other diving schools it’s quite cheap as well. We liked it so much that we also did our Advanced Adventure diving course there at well.
I will definitely be back :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It has been a great experience for my girlfriend and me. We loved everything about the place, the dive instructor FRAZER was so nice and super funny. Everyone else was nice and friendly. Would highly recommend when on Koh Tao. Would definitely do it again. Thank you Phoenix Divers for the great diving experience. Definitely a 10/10!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My brother and I completed our SSI Open Water with Phoenix Divers. Our instructor Glauco and associate Rob were complete champs. Everything was well explained and demonstrated in a professional and patient manner. All the gear seemed to be in good condition and their safety processes comprehensive. Everyone working for the school showed a great appreciation of diving and The place had a fun vibe. I have no hesitation in recommending Phoenix dive school to anyone looking for a school on Koh Tao.

The included dorm accommodation was good for what it was. Clean room and bed. Air conditioned. Included towel and locker. It is a 24 bed dorm though and as such, as with any dorm that size, one should expect interruptions throughout the night and in the morning. The bed is in the Thai style which is to say maybe a bit harder than Australian standards. It is also next to a club that has their music going until around 10pm. Shower and toilet block external to the dorm in the courtyard.

If that accommodation is not to your liking you can do the course without it and save 1000 baht. They didn’t advertise this on the website that I could see though it was mentioned when I talked to them in person.

Thanks Glauco and Rob! Happy diving!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently learned how to dive at Phoenix Divers through the Open Water course. My instructor was Glauco a funny Brazilian guy and he did an excellent job. You can see that he's passionate about diving and always knew the answers about everything during the course and his diving experience make the course very easy since the first day in the pool session till the last dive in the sea even the last dives was rained and the sea was choppy.

Glauco is very calm and funny guy making the course being interested and easy to learn and he always making some funny jokes during the course making the course well balanced not a boring course. And during all dives he's encouraging us to improve the main skills such as buoyancy and breathing technique. His knowledge and experience on diving make all group to fell secured during all course.

Phoenix has a great atmosphere and every single member of the staff I met was really helpful, friendly and simply amazing!! The facilities are very good too, The boat is very big and well maintained as the diving gears.
Plus the course was in the cheapest in Koh tao including the 4 nights accommodation that is very helpful.. Just the dorm could have less bed or just diving in huge dorm in maybe 3 or small dorms would be perfect.

I can't recommend them enough. If you come to Koh Tao to do a dive course I definitely recommend Phoenix Divers and ask for Glauco.