US$87
US$53
Koh Tao Simple Life Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$62
  • Breakfast included
US$91
US$61
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$24
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$34/night.

Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$43
Priceline
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$58/night.

US$127
US$117
  • Breakfast included
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$36
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$42/night.

US$132
US$123
US$160
US$125
1,049 results
All reviewsshark baydeluxe pavilionfrench chefeagle viewdiving clubnearby beachfree shuttleprivate beachthai massagepool barsmall price to paybumpy ridealoe veraloved this hotelmae haadour honeymoondive boat
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We spent 5 days at the Jamahkiri this summer, and what an amazing time we had there! The location, the staff, the snorkling with black-tip reef sharks just in front of the hotel, the little Eagle's view restaurant with the fresh barracuda served with a local beer... a lot of great pleasures!

You will also enjoy an excellent breakfast, delicious thai salads by the superb pool, a nice barbecue by the sea and, of course, the snorkeling/diving tour around the island on the resort's special boat is a must! I almost forgot the spa, where my partner enjoyed "the best ever facial massage of her life!"

Trying to be very difficult, on could point out that a lot of the corals are dead in the bay... but the presence of amazing fishes & sharks still makes it well worth a dive or a snorkel !

Room Tip: All rooms have an amazing seaview!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Importance_of_living
Reviewed 14 August 2012

It is so worth the effort to get there!
We caught the ferry from Koh Samui (there are two daily fast ferry departures, 12.30 and 1.30pm - I think!). We were unloaded from the ferry into the heat and bustle of the wharf at Koh Tao....and there was our driver, right on time. We wound our way to Jamahkiri, only a few minutes away but in another world. Jamahkiri stretches down a steep hillside with panoramic views from everywhere, including all the rooms I could see. It manouvers its way around gigantic rocks which add interest and intrigue at every turn. The reception/restaurant are perched at the top. Pool/spa and eating areas are below, then lovely rooms are nestled down the hill to the private beach/boardwalk and diving areas. Must mention the rooftop bar with a generous happy hour(s) and magnificent views over the bay and ocean.
As soon as we arrived we went snorkelling straight below our room. The dive centre offers very cheap snorkel gear to hire. The coral suffered a recent heatwave and bleached. New coral is regenerating so be careful where you stand. There were loads of fish (see photos), small black tipped reef sharks and even turtles. The snorkel trip around the island the next morning was wonderful - book it at the hotel dive centre. We were given lovely fresh fruit on the boat and plenty of water. Don't forget your sunblock or wear a tee shirt/suntop. We swam out from our room every morning and late afternoon, there was so much to see. It is safe and fun to swim right across the bay, there are different fish on the other side. We made some great friends and we all met for swims to view the sharks. The sharks just swim away so all my photos are from behind them!
William (the manager) was very helpful and joined us for drinks one evening. He made sure all was well every day.
Breakfast was delicious each morning and the staff were excellent.
Our room had a fantastic view. There are lots of steps and we enjoyed the exercise - all with a beautiful view.
We did not even leave the resort which is very unusual for our family. We like to explore. There was lots to occupy us all. We walked over the top driveway one evening and had a lovely meal at Eagles View.
Jamahkiri is a place I would love to take all our family back to visit and I have recommended it to our friends.

Room Tip: All have wonderful views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank kiwisfly
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I'm a bit late writing this review (my husband and I visited in April this year) but I am planning another trip to Asia and was day dreaming about this beautiful hotel and felt I had to share my thoughts. It took us forever to actually reach the hotel from Koh Samui as we were put on the wrong ferry (that's a polite way of saying we were ripped off) and we arrived extremely hot and bothered when we arrived in Koh Tao. I had booked this hotel last minute when we were staying in Koh Samui as I had read a few reviews and wanted to do a side trip from Samui. The communication before we arrived at the hotel was excellent, we arrived late but we were still picked up from the pier by the hotel, and driven up to the hotel. Some people have moaned about the trip up to the hotel, but really not sure why as it took less than half an hour. Yes it was bumpy and slightly hair raising but it's all part of the adventure! I was in agony as I had got bitten in Samui and was on antibiotics for an abscess on my leg, was tired, hot and grumpy, but I still saw the drive up there as a bit of fun. When we arrived it was like entering paradise. We were given a delicious drink and towels to cool down, our bags were whisked off and we were shown to a beautiful room overlooking Shark Bay. It was so stunning, with wooden floors and a huge bath with awesome views, a massive comfortable bed, a minibar stocked up with lots of amazing treats, and a balcony overlooking the bay. The manager greeted us personally when we arrived, which I thought was lovely, and we chatted to him for about an hour at the pool bar. What a lovely man, he really cares passionately about this hotel and guests. When we told him we had been duped by a woman at the pier in Samui he personally made sure he booked us ferry tickets back on the fast ferry.

We spent the rest of the afternoon lazing by the pool drinking cocktails. It was heaven. I am so fussy when it comes to hotels. My husband and I work extremely hard, and all my spare money goes into saving up for once in a lifetime trips like this, so I don't like being let down by bad service and rubbish hotels. I can safely say that this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, it's a stunning place.

Other reviewers have also moaned about the steepness of the steps - the hotel is built into a cliff so it can be a trek around the resort. Personally I loved it - I didn't mind the trek up to the pool (even though my leg was in agony from being bitten) - it just made me appreciate the pool even more when I got there! If you have any trouble walking I'd contact the hotel in advance so you can get a room near the pool/restaurant etc.

The restaurant was amazing as well - the breakfast was so delicious, and the dinner was out of this world. Everything seemed so inexpensive compared to England so I thought it was all a bargain.

Another amazing perk of staying at this hotel was seeing sharks from the bedroom balcony! The manager (really sorry I can't remember his name) told us to look out at about 9ish as this is the time the sharks are usually about. We were amazed to see sharks swimming about below us, I was slightly terrified when we kayaked over to the beach from the hotel as I was convinced I was going to knock one on the head with my oar!! Luckily this didn't happen though and we made it to the beach in one piece.

I wish I could go back to Jamahkiri tomorrow. My husband and I reminisce about this place all the time. We only stayed a night but we hope to go back some day.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony overlooking Shark Bay - well worth the extra money
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank xx x
Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

Literally everything there is beautiful, well thouhht and well maintained. Very interactive staff and signature cuisine. The only uneasy point is that the premises are located on the rocks - so ycu have to expect a lot of steps climbing - for instance, to reach the reception from my room would take you 8 floors :-) - but thatis a great fitness exercise too! And of course the view and he sea there make you forget anything negative in a minute

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Victor K
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We were greeted at the dock by our driver who took our luggage and loaded up the truck. The ride to the hotel was exciting with lots of climbs and dips but at no point did I feel unsafe. It was concrete the whole way and you get some glimpses of the water as you wind through the roads. Upon arrival, we were greeted with koi ponds and beautiful foliage that made us feel like we had arrived at paradise. We were all amazed at how well the resort was integrated with the mountain - and yes, since it’s built into the side of a mountain, there are a bunch of steps. You might be huffing and puffing a bit by the top, but by then you’re at the pool or the spa =).

The staff was some of the friendliest staff we’ve ever met. Our first introduction to the resort was Pure, the joking, fun-loving receptionist who really made us feel welcome. He provided us with ice cold towels to fight the heat and a sweet fruit drink. Later we met the hotel manager, William, who made sure our stay was going as well as can be. He chatted with us at dinner and if we ran into him around the resort, but we didn’t find him invasive. He gave a good recommendation on wine and some pointers of where to snorkel. We also liked joking around with Zengo, a member of the staff who we mainly ran into at breakfast.

Rooms were much more spacious than we expected or even needed. The balconies face the water for amazing views and the bathrooms had plenty of space. The staff kept it very tidy, however the beds were just a little firm for our taste.

All meals were a great mix of Thai and Western choices, and everything we had was delicious. The first night we were overwhelmed by all the delicious choices on the menu, but luckily we’d return again and again. We’d recommend the massaman curry, cashew chicken, or beef lasagna for dinner. The goat cheese salad at lunch was also quite delicious. Service itself was a bit slow, but we didn’t mind so much since we were there for a laid back vacation.

Drinks were well prepared and had a good variety. There was a decent wine selection and watch out for the cognac! Combined with our jetlag, I’m not really sure what happened that night =). One night, we did make a trip down to Haad Tien and that was quite tasty as well.

We were able to jump right off the dock with some snorkel gear and a kayak and explore the coral around the base of the resort. While the coral itself isn’t too interesting, there’s still a bunch of pretty fish to see and the occasional (harmless) shark. For some even better views, we’d highly recommend taking the quick trip over to Koh Nang Yuan on the west side of Koh Tao.

As for stuff to do in the resort, the pool was perfect for lounging around and taking a dip when it got too hot. The views are spectacular with the occasional waterfall and bar and lunch served right there.

The spa was a great break and we took advantage of it every day. The swedish and thai massages, facials, and the tea afterwards were just what we needed. Truly a relaxing experience.

Overall, it was an amazing trip that we hope to return to someday. A couple people in our group were rallying to extend our stay a few nights since it was just so wonderful. Kudos to everyone at Jamakhiri, they really made our stay in Thailand incredibly memorable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends