Buddha View Dive Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Koh Tao
See available hotels
JP Resort(Koh Tao)
  • Pool
Ko Tao Resort(Koh Tao)
View Hotel
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
View Hotel
All reviewsdive resortopen waterdiving careerlearn scubafun divingbudget roomdiving courserooms are basicair conchalok baybeautiful islandaccommodationbangkokbvvaleriofanclassroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights (although we didn't dive at all) in the mid-range "deluxe fan room". We were hoping for bungalow but they were all taken already and this room with big balcony was actually better, one of the best stays in our whole Thailand visit! Room&bathroom were both clean, classy and beautiful. Double bed was huge and comfortable. And I always LOVE to have own balcony! :)
The area and the beach is much more nicer than the main one, more peaceful and hidden but still with some restaurants and bars if you want some nightlife. Food in the restaurant was also really good. Nothing to complain about our visit. I highly recommend!

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies are really nice!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelerHKI
Reviewed 12 November 2012

It's away from the hustle and bustle of Sai Ree, though still close enough for a night out there.
The basic rooms are all ensuite and have a fan. They are fairly clean upon arrival, but are not cleaned during your stay (this privilege is reserved for the superior rooms). If you take you shoes off before you go in, the room should stay clean though! There are mosquito nets over all the windows, which is definately useful in the warm season.
The complex has a bar and a resturaunt, both of which are very reasonably priced. There is also a barbecue every evening offering chicken and beef skewers, as well as many many types of fish.
The resort is predominantly a dive school, and so pretty much everybody there is a diver. If you are doing a dive course there, your accommodation is free.
There is good wifi available throughout the resort priced at THB100 for 24 hours.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheIntrepidExp
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We went to Buddah View to take the Open Water course because we had got it recommended by a friend.
I was very nervous about taking the course, so they arranged that we got an instructor from my country. So even though everything was in English (we were 6 people in class from 4 diff countries) I could go to him with my worries in my own language which was nice.
The course was great and we enjoyed all of it!
We stayed at one the free rooms, and thought about upgrading because they are very basic (e.g. toilet flush happens using a bucket of water) but on the other hand you only stay in the room when you have to sleep.
There is a wonderful bbq with fish every night, a nice cafe for breakfast, a bar for beers in the evening and a nice view of the ocean.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Isabella B
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I took OW and AOW courses at Buddha View. The instructors, dive buddies, accommodation and atmosphere around are just so good. This resort has a restaurant, a bar and a cafe. All provide delicious dishes and drinks with reasonable prices.
A single fan room would be provided for free if you book the courses online. The room was big, clean and tidy, but it would be better if there was free wifi and the shower could run out of water faster.

Room Tip: Check the shower
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2012

buddha view, good diving center. that is other people i meet on the island told me.
although sales agency tell lies about accommodation and free wifi, the diving course is pretty cool there. especially hannes bauer, my diving instructor, who is cool but sweet. he find me a kid tank once after i told him the tank is heavy for me. how amazing~he is so experience and humorous.
buddha view is a good diving center, highly recommand

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo