Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Priceline
All reviews the river walking street hear the live music two nights central location mae hong son loop comfy bed rent a scooter heating privacy mattresses
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2020 via mobile

This really could be a great hotel/resort but just missed the mark every time!

We first stayed in a single twin room but due to faulty hot water they kindly offered us an upgrade. The new room was better but still outdated for the price that we were paying.

Prior to arrival we explained that we were vegetarian and vegan and would there be an option at breakfast for us. We were very excited when they said that they were trialing a new veggie/vegan menu and would we be willing to try when we arrived. However when we turned up at breakfast we were offered fried rice (yummy you may think) however it was only rice, no veg, sauce or anything!

Our stay was in January time and the mornings were freezing, when we spoke to the management about this they offered us more blankets but they barely took the edge off the cold. We asked about heating but apparently quote 'its not worth the money for just 3 months of the year' so not the best attitude.

We then became ill (not the hotels fault) but with a combination of the bad attitude of some of the staff, the freezing temperatures and ridiculous breakfast we ended up checking out early. We were not offered a refund.

If someone spent a little time, money and energy this would be a great place but I would not recommend this for the money that we paid.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
LIU D, General Manager at Rim Pai Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2020

Sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction but in offering you more blankets, the staff only did as you asked.

As regards breakfast, your remark is especially unique as you stayed for 5 nights without complaint then request a refund.

Your hot water experience is however valid.
There were 2 similar mechanical failures on the same night. Not just yours but another hot water tank burned out also. My suspicion is they were all installed at the same time from the same batch.
These 2 rooms have since been closed.
8 new machine replacements have been ordered to pre-empt any further incidents.

Note: After a mechanical failure, the staff followed protocol by offering you a free upgrade to which you wholeheartedly agreed.

Thank you...

Reviewed 7 January 2020 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights at Rim Pai Cottage. I booked it because of its central location. It’s set in beautiful, luscious green gardens just a few short steps from Walking Street. I was greeted warmly upon arrival and check was very smooth and efficient. The gentleman at the front desk carried my pack for and took me the ‘long’ way around to my cottage so he could show where to find the pool and the restaurant for breakfast the next morning. My cottage sleeps two and had plenty of space. The guy had high ceilings and while it is equipped with an air conditioner I didn’t need to use it at all because the room was cool enough. I had my own private little deck/patio. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting out here each afternoon and evening with my book. The deck had a light and Power point for phone charging. Each even someone came around and lit a new mosquito coil which sat in the corner of the deck. There is plenty of parking in the attached lot of you have a car or rent a scooter during your stay. At night you can hear the live music being played at one of the nearby bars, but it is not obnoxiously loud and seems to finish somewhere between 11-12 each night. This might not be so good if you’re a light sleeper. Breakfast was made to order from a simple menu which was more than enough for me. The only negative for me was how hard the bed was was. I would definitely recommend they get some softer mattresses on future. This wouldn’t stop me from staying here again though. It’s like paradise right next to Walking Street.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 88carries88
Reviewed 25 December 2019

We liked this place. Right in front of the walking street which fills up with food stalls every evening and includes many bars and restaurants. The cottages are very nice, bit chilly this time of the year (December), no need for aircon, maybe heating, once the sun sets the temperature easily drops to 8-13 degrees Celsius. Very nice and accommodating staff, connected us to a driver who we hired for 1.5 days to show the things around Pai. The exotic garden around the cottages and pool give a lot of privacy but also shade. Nice when it is hot, but also meant maybe 2 hours of sunshine at the pool. The pool is next to the breakfast restaurant and river, there are 5 beds up at the pool and another 4 or so at the river, plus two swings and a hammock. Free bottles of water every day in fridge. Firm mattresses but still we slept well. Things to improve: the warm water to shower seemed to get to cold after about 5 min so bad luck for the second person to shower. The door to the bathroom is so short I hot my head 3 times. Noise from bars untill about 23:00h which may be a downside if you have kids or are an early bed time type of person, then ask for a cottage in the back. It's a pity the restaurant does not serve any drinks at the pool or lunch or something, but on the other hand 7/11 is just a 5 min walk away.

Room tip: ask for cottage in the back due to music noise at night from bars
Date of stay: December 2019
LIU D, General Manager at Rim Pai Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2019

Hello there...

Thanks for your feedback.
Regarding the shower issue, the renewal of these is underway but due to the peak season i.e. Christmas, New Year, Chinese New Year, it is difficult to get the time to fit and test as the rooms are booked through until February. Fitting new heater tanks can be dispruptive especially if the unit is faulty.

Our centre of town location does mean we get to hear the music but as you mentioned, it is all over early as the bars are not allowed to continue after midnight.

Your review was spot on.
The guest knows best.

Happy New Year..

Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

Nestled into a lush green jungle setting that's as much beautiful as it is peaceful, it's no wonder I extended my 3 nights into 6, with little hesitation.

Not only is this place just off the walking street, but it overlooks the river with a view of the mountain and it feels nicely quiet, making it the ideal spot to chill, read, swim, meditate...etc!

I stayed on my own in a hut and loved the terrace at the front of my room, the simple but good breakfast, cooling pool and comfy sunbathing areas. And to top it all off, the staff were so smiley and lovely. I couldn't fault it!

Tip: Bring ear plugs. Depending on which room you stay in, you may hear the live music from a nearby bar. But don't let that put you off!

10/10!

Date of stay: February 2019
LIU D, General Manager at Rim Pai Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2019

Great review...

Sorry for the late response but Rim Pai Cottage has been closed for a big renovation since April.
Re-opened again a few weeks ago and now everything is new and developed. Ear plugs are a must if a person sleeps before midnignt. After that, the bars close and peace begins.
The garden is quite spectacular, even more so now.

Thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed 24 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed at 3 properties in Ali and this was our favorite. The location is exceptional- right on true walking street and on the river. The riverside pool is stunning- we loved relaxing in the jetted section and gazing out at the river. The cottages are on stilts and are spacious and simply furnished. The deck is great. The complimentary breakfast is cooked to order and was good. The staff and owners are friendly and kind. We especially enjoyed meeting the owner’s son Bip. He works with a great cause that is helping to Reduce plastic waste in Thailand. We will definitely return to the hotel and highly recommend it.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple