All reviews rice wine spring rolls the bus the river mosquito net mekong delta private hut fellow tourists cold water shower rice paper his wife private shower booked directly rooms are basic comfortable bus cooking class next morning
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

I had a fantastic home stay here at Hungs!! :-) Travelling solo, I booked the Mekong Delta 2 days 1 night tour with homestay with TNK Travel (who were amazing too!), I didn’t really know what to expect!!! What an amazing experience!
Hung was very welcoming, and I had a private hut room just next to the kitchen.
You have a private shower no hot water but that’s all part of the experience! The grounds of the homestay are absolutely beautiful! Fab food, great fun with all the other travellers in evening playing cards and cheap beer in the communal area. You can relax in the hammocks too. The cooking was super fun, tasted amazing and Hung is hilarious. Simple but fine breakfast and coffee/tea also included in morning before setting off on the boat!
Would Defo recommend!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I brought a package mekong delta 2days 1 night trip and its accommodation can be hotel or homestay, while i choose homestay, Hung Homestay. It is around 10km away from the town area and usually the owner will wait at the hotel area and pick you up with motorbike. The homestay serve local home cook dinner and teach you how to cook. During my stay, there is a young guy who work with the homestay help to translate and communicate between me and the local by using english. Most of them are friendly and kind. The condition of the room is clean with toilet shower and bowl, fan. Is a amazing, unique and of cause terrified for a city guy to stay at village with surrounded by alot of weird noise during night time. Good experience and recommended to have a stay over a night there.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We booked this homestay because of the good reviews read here. It turn out to be the most awful experience.
They didn't come to pick us up as promised. ( thinking of it now, we should've just go elsewhere from then) It was pouring down, we had to ask around at the bus terminal and ring twice from there to enquire what happened. Someone finally showed up after about 45 minutes. We arrived at the homestay all drenched and were made to wait around in wet cloth awkwardly. Mr. Hung only come out to say "hello", pointed where our room was across the road. Then disappear. Never saw him again.
He did say he was expecting a large group that evening.

Found out later they mainly cater for organised big tour groups. It was our mistake to come. There were no interacting with families or locals let along knowing the local culture and way of life. Family members keep walking passed us, all seem quite rude, busy, cold, uninterested. We made three attempts to speak to Mr. Hung, try to ask what supposed to happen and, arrangements for the following day; three times got the answer: "He is doing something" "He come later". He never did.

They might be nice to big groups. We were a bit shock by what we'd experienced in Hung's Homestay. A memory we'd rather forget completely.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

What a surprise in the Mekong Delta! The homestay comprises of bungalows. Lovely, clean and verandah to chill on. Flushing toilet and shower (cold) but not that cold. Mosquito net around the beds as well. Very friendly owners who interact with guests. Cooking class was included. Great food and happy water offered . After dinner shared stories and laughs. Great place on the river and friendly dogs/puppy.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Okay. This is a homestay in the Mekong delta. Not the four seasons in Manhattan like some folks expect. The rooms are very basic with tent and fan which is all you need. Bring some mosquito repellent for added protection. Dinner was very good and I got to meet and chat with other fellow tourists over multiple shots of rice wine. One reviewer mentioned being ignored by the family. Far from it. When I visited kids were sitting next to us doing home work and I felt everyone was very approachable. A few folks went over spoke to the kids. The family was alway there so, there was ample opportunity to connect. I booked directly with Hung the owner which I would recommend. After the tour the next morning and the groups left, I was brought back to the house. Chilled out for a bit on a hammock and Hung invited me to join him and his wife for lunch. After lunch, I took a leisurely stroll through the village and got to meet very hospitable locals - with all offering rice wine and sometimes food. Partook of the rice wine of course. If your prefer, Hung has bicycles that you can borrow. I found my little self excursion to be a great experience without the preset schedule/rigidity of group tours. There is a very comfortable bus that gets you to and from Can Tho from HCMC. Hung can advise on all the details. Overall enjoyed my stay. Hung and family were great hosts. Will stay again. Thanks Hung!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo