“Hmm...”

My Kim Hotel
My Kim Hotel
Ranked #47 of 133 Can Tho B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

The room is pretty cheap, so good for budget travellers... However we found cigarettes in our room and the room smelled bad from people smoking in the room next to us.
We checked out after just 1 night, because we didn't feel like the sheets had been washed.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

I got hustled into this hotel after I realised Tay ho hotel was fully booked. The room was 11 usd which is cheap but it really was a terrible room. The sheet and blanket smelled of moscito spray, the bathroom wasn't particularly clean, the shower did not work and I got scammed into also buying a boat trip that cost me 40 usd plus 180 vd for a basic meal. On top if that it was very loud and I could not sleep most of the night. All in all a bad experience. I highly recommend going to Tay oh where you will find a spotlessly clean room and friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2014
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The rooms at My Kim are great, as is the value: clean, fresh towels given, friendly staff.
HOWEVER!!! BUY NO TOURS OR TICKETS HERE!!!
I did indeed read of another person being over-charged.... the staff here is quite friendly, responsive, and helpful with information.
Upon arrival, I was pretty-well hounded by two men(later, one) and one of the staff guys to purchase a trip--tour of the Floating Markets. There are two tour versions: the short, of 4 hrs, and the longer, of 7 hrs. I wanted the longer trip. The first price quoted was $30, which I gave no attention to whatsoever; then $25. no. Then $20, which was declared as the good price for two people in the boat-- I am a solo traveler. I was then told that I could get a real deal, as there was a young German woman who had already paid $20, and I could pair with her, and IF I PROMISED to say nothing, I could get the trip for $15-- and I really must say nothing to the other person. I told them I would give an answer within an hour.
Upon returning from having some dinner, the staff guy quickly came and wanted my answer. Yes, for $15, which I brought down again to 3000,000d -only a slight difference.. The next morning, there was no single woman. They wanted to put me into a boat with another couple. I said no. The man said yes; I said no. He was persistent in wanting me to go with a couple, and I was persistent in going with the young German woman (I speak German, and was looking forward to sharing this trip with her). I said no to sharing a boat with a second couple, and the couple was quite set in not sharing their boat with a third person. The man said yes, I must go in a boat with another couple; I said no, I must not anything. They ended having me go solo in the boat-- which was not at all what I preferred.... The trip was Good, and returned after 6 1/2 hrs.
The next day I was going onward.... all the way thru Saigon, past Phan Thiet, to Nha Trang. The guy said he could sell me a ticket for $25, sleeping bus. He said this was not a long trip, and it was a good sleeping bus. I said OK. The bus was a local, stopping VERY often to take on produce, seafood, and people. The driver loved honking his horn rather being at all patient-- quite loud!! There was a toilet, quite FILTHY, though fortunately without any smell(they did spray in there). There were back-to-back movies, two with English subtitles, one dubbed over in Vietnamese-- until the driver deemed it time for Karaoke! There was ONE stop, about 11:30 pm, 9 1/2 hrs after departure! The bus arrived Nha Trang at 6am--- a trip of 16 very long hpurs! Inside the bus station, I saw tickets from Nha Trang to CanTho available for 310,000d. I had paid 500,000d -- with another 25,000d tacked on, probably for the ride to the bus station, which he proclaimed was FREE.
215,000d overcharge:
I was in a LOCAL bus, had been charged for a "NICE" bus ::
PLEASE!! REFRAIN from purchasing any Tours or Tickets from My Kim !!
otherwise, they are a Great place to stay.
If one can only stay there, and have the will to "Just say NO", then I would recommend My Kim.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter away from the street.