Hotel Panorama
Hotel Laguna(Tanjung Pinang)
US$25
US$24
Agoda.com
Serumpun Padi Mas Resort(Tanjung Pinang)
US$25
  • Beachfront
Hotel Sunrise City(Tanjung Pinang)
US$26
US$23
Bintan Nirwana Hotel(Tanjung Pinang)(Great Value!)
US$16
TripAdvisor
The Residence Bintan(Tanjung Pinang)
US$197
US$190
  • Pool
All reviewsno liftbudget hotelthird floorroom serviceferry terminaldeluxe roomstayed for nightsfree shuttletgheatingbintanluggagesgbathtubsea
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Very pleasant comfortable budget hotel run by nice people! The room was comfortable, the staff very helpful and I had a truly excellent lunch while there also!
I wanted to go out on a trip at short notice and they made arrangements for me and found me an excellent boatman/guide. The hotel is near the ferry terminal and convenient. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Stayed for 2 nights.First time visting Tanjung Pinang.
Visited Avalokitesvara Graha Temple (Guan Yin Temple) and Lohan temple didnt went far away for the other attractions as i have been to bintan before.
The two temples are truly worth the visit. (The cab fare from hotel was 180,000 Rupiah)

The hotel staff will be keep asking to take up their tour packages, from what i observe was its kinda ex if you are travelling with 2 or 3 people.Because the package price is stated for 6 people max and it cost like (80-90 sg dollars) if its for a family i think the price is worth but with less than 6 people i guess its a no.
Probably you can pick a few attractions that you like and visit. Therefore just be mindful of the prices. It will be great if you can speak their mother tongue language(Malay)so that no one can easily cheat you :))

As for considering for a massage, i went to bintan paradise spa. The moment the staff saw us they increased the price. But can try ask to reduce the price. Returning back to hotel, one of the staff told us they provide massage service too but it was so cheap then what we paid there. haha my bad the staff didnt told us or maybe it slipped my mind for not asking. Either way i didnt regret the massage as it was good. :)

Bintan Paradise spa - bailense massage (290,000 Rupiah after discount was 230,000)
Hotel Panorama massage - 150,000 Rupiah

To get souvenir, trying asking 'Oleh Oleh shop'. I had difficulties in finding souvenir shop. Most of staff will drop us at the Ramayana center its like our Giant in SG. There are few shopping malls but i guess those small shops on the streets are better. There's one beside the hotel but nothing much in there as well. Therefore 'Oleh Oleh' is easiest word to use for souvenir shops.

Hotels pros and cons:

Friendly staff, willing to help out.
Its safe
Ferry terminal is 10 mins away from the hotel
hotels restaurant food is nice and price are reasonable
10 mins walk from the hotel to get the sea side view

No lift, if got any elderly person travelling request for first floor.
Dont put any food on the table as it will attract ants and small insects.
i encounter small inserts inside, which i think is the biggest minus point in the hotel.
No electric jug kettle
The hot shower comes awhile later only.

Overall it was a peacefully trip and excellent staff in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Well, I travel mostly on a budget.
Especially for accomodation I am the one who choose the place at our destination. Panorama hotel was chosen because it's located close to my friend address in Tanjung Pinang. We travel to this island special to pay a visit to my friend.

Their pick up service already waited for us at the harbour with twoo umbrella's (it was heavy rained) when we arrived from Singapore.
We got a room at the third floor and it has indeed a nice panoramic vieuw to the sea.
The rooms quite big and the service from the personals are excellent.
One waiter has special went out to a shop to buy a package of tea my husband want.
We are touch and very happy by this kind of service.

Room Tip: The highest floor gives a good vieuw
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

First Visit:
Booked for 2 standard rooms and was lucky to got it on the first floor facing opposite each other. Tried their room service and it was wonderful and affordable! The only downside is that the aircon in the room was leaking throughout the night. Upon check-out, I requested the front office to print out my boarding pass, but they seem reluctant to do it which pissed me off.

Second Visit:
Came back and booked for a Deluxe room with bathtub. Room is more spacious compared to the standard room, like 2 times. However, room was on the third floor (i guess) and there's no lift. So, the staff helped us with the luggage. Had their food in the dining area and one of the service staff helped to carry my son around while all of my family members and I eat. Very nice of her. If I'm not mistaken, her name is Dewi.

Would definitely come back when I have the chance!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Located near the ferry terminal, this hotel is really great value for your money. Its amenities are simple but sufficient for a relaxing stay. It has about 40 rooms, with some having a nice sea view. The common area on the 4th floor has a large veranda with a panoramic view of the sea and the surrounding residential areas. Though the breakfast is very basic, the local spread of Nasi Lemak and Lontong was heavenly. The staff were great and friendly, especially Doni & Yani, who always had great smiles on their faces. Free shuttle provided between the ferry terminal & this hotel, but one could walk to the ferry terminal within 15-20 mins, passing the beach as well as a long road of local food stalls at night. Local tours were available for a max of 6 persons for a reasonable price. Only downside is that it did not have a lift. Overall, we love the charm and friendly ambience of this place.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends