1,028 results
All reviews lake nakuru before dinner traditional dance great variety national park dance show rooms are small gift shop cake masai mara spent two nights evening entertainment pink flamingos buffet style beautiful grounds stayed here for one night food was amazing
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We went there for the christmas holiday and we had a great time. The food was delicious and variety,the hotel staff were great as well esp the ones based in the restaraunt. We enjoyed the game drive too. Thank you Lion Hill family

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ronnie K, General Manager at Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Happy New year!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your feedback on your memorable stay.

Am happy to note that the food service and overal festive service made your stay memorable.
Am glad to note my staff took good care of you as mentioned.

We do look forward to hosting back you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Booking with Sarova can be a nightmare. I was put on hold for quite a while, slightly over 10 minutes, there were promises to call back, and it took the fun out of staying with them that I had half a mind to look for another lodge in the reserve. However Jackson who I finally got on phone apologized for this and held my hand through it all. Thanks Jackson.

When we got there we were warmly welcomed with a glass of juice and a packet of wet wipes (I wish they had warm towels) but there is no sitting bay at the reception. This means you alight your car and your plus your luggage get to enjoy some stand time for close to 20 minutes despite the fact that we had even called before to notify them that we were on our way.

After that we were taken to our rooms. My God the rooms are small. We even called it a bedsitter because of how small it was. We ended up updating to a Ziwa suite which was much more luxurious save for the dated furniture. The beds are comfortable. I kid you not. The beds feel heavenly to sleep on. The shower works perfectly and the room service team should be applauded. Our room was kept clutter and mess free for the 3 days we were there. I also got a wonderful cot for my son and it made our nights that much more relaxing.

The food at the dining was amazing. Plenty of variety and every meal was different. However we got to a consensus that the evening meals were way better than lunch meals. Then there is the guy who serenades with his guitar. What a cheerful jolly good fella. He has such a good voice and made dinner that much enjoyable.

Before dinner there are traditional dancers and they dance their hearts out. This makes for good entertainment considering the day can be a bit meh as there isn’t any activity at the hotel.

Speaking of activities, there is a pool. A cold pool. That’s it folks.

The massage was good but not entirely my best. I was relaxed and the ambience is amazing in the massage room. The masseuse was friendly. I forget her name, she is short, light and quiet. Not unnecessarily chatty. A quality I liked a lot.

When checking out I noticed a-bit of an attitude from the lady at the reception area. It confused me but I suppose that’s the attitude to expect from most Kenyan hotels. Unenthusiastically friendly. It rubbed me the wrong way as I didn’t understand it but I wasn’t too bothered to confront the reluctance in being served. Perhaps it’s because I was checking out and my stock value immediately depreciated. I don’t know.

Overall, I would recommend it but it requires patience. Also do not by Jove book anything less than a suite. Oh and go with games if you are staying for more than 1 night.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank stellam819

Dear Guest,
Happy new year greetings!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and giving us your candid feedback.
We welcome your insightful comments on your experience with us and take note of your feedback in reference to the rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

The moment you arrive it is wonderful. Food was great, front desk staff amazing and you simply feel like home from the moment you get there. Everyone knows your name, what you and greets you like old friends.

Our game drives were perfect arranged by Lion Hill and we saw so many animals and the lake just oozing life. Although the park lacks elephants like Massi Mara, it is smaller and just super enjoyable. We really enjoyed our time and could have stayed more than just 2 nights. The value at hotel is fantastic, the only drawback is the expensive park entry fees that make staying there longer a bit less appealing for extended stays. We also visited the spa and Jane was super! Great service and great value. Had a 2.5 hour session with 3 services for $85.

We give this hotel thumbs way up and as we are planning to return next year and bring a large group of friends, we will plan to stay there so everyone can experience what we just did.

Room tip: We stayed in standard room and it was great
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ronnie K, General Manager at Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear Guest
Happy Holidays.

Thank you for visiting and taking time to giv3 us 6our feedback.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff and food amazing.

Look forward to hostin* you again.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We stayed at the lodge for a day while on our honeymoon safari trip and had a great experience. We were greeted on arrival, our bags taken to our room and told that there was live entertainment that night, which was amazing. All the people at the hotel were really friendly and attentive. We looked forward to our meals with a great choice of tasty buffet food at our fingertips that meant we always went back for seconds. We loved having a room that was our own cabin. The room was a reasonable size and adequately equiped. The bathroom was ok - not the greatest luxury but functional and good enough. We would recommend visiting the gift shop as there are some things in there that we didn't come across elsewhere and was reasonably priced. All in all this was a great hotel and we would definitely come back to stay and hope to visit Nakuru again in the future!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Happy Holidays!

Thank you for taking time to visit us.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and found our services professional including awesome food.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Best regards

Reviewed 22 December 2017

The bed was good, the breakfast had lots of choices, dinner was tasty. The bathrooms desperately need updating. The taps would not quit dripping. We had heavy rainfall while there and they had forgotten to put an umbrella in our room. When the downpour slowed down we ventured out and were greeted by staff checking to see if we were okay as we had not turned up in time for our afternoon Safari. They quickly gave us their umbrella so we could join our tour group. The staff was super nice and very helpful

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Happy holidays.

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

My team and I are delighted to have stayed with us. I note your concerns on our bathrooms and we shall be addressing the same in the very near future.

We certainly look forward to hosting you again next year.