Having stayed in many other resorts in Tioman (Berjaya, Genting, Salang, Panuba & Paya), I would rate Minang Cove at the very top of the list. The place was clean, the grounds beautifully landscaped, and the service warm and efficient.
Unlike many other Tioman resorts, there was no stench of refuse or sight of litter anywhere on the resort grounds. In place of these, there's the fresh forest scent, lovely flowers in shades of red with the accompanying butterflies and dragonflies, and the sounds of kingfishers and the resident Tupai Kerawak Hitam or Malayan Giant Squirrel.
The Seaview Chalet that I stayed in was clean, comfortable and had a gorgeous view of the jetty and the sea. The dining room was bright, airy and very clean (no footwear please). The lounging deck facing the sea was immaculately clean.
The dive operation was efficient and friendly, although I think it may be time to change the air-compressor filter as the air had a faint odour. Best of all, we were the only divers in the southern dive sites. The southern dive sites of Bahara Rocks, Batu Jahat, and Sepoi Reef are rarely dived by the other dive operations in Tioman.
There are two niggling details that if addressed would make this resort perfect for me:
1. The cost of the food and boat transfers to/from Minang Cove from Genting are high (RM30 for a plate of Pineapple Rice; RM100/person for boat transfer to/from resort);
2. The BBQ food which was largely burnt.
Despite the two points above, my overall experience was positive and I will certainly return to Minang Cove on my next Tioman trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Minang Cove Resort & Spa, a tropical island paradise. Located in the south of the beautiful island of Tioman, a truly stunning location. Off our private beach you will enjoy the warm crystal clear waters, of the South China Sea. Where you can snorkel or scuba dive with the abundant marine life, living in and around our live reef. Including Turtles. Those who are looking for small friendly resort, surrounded by nature, with glimpses of local wild life and unspoilt rainforest. Look no further !! To access the resort, you can take a ferry from the Mersing ferry terminal. Then getting off at the 1st stop, at Genting Village. There our resort speedboat will transfer you to the resort. The second way is to fly, on Berjaya Air from Singapore or Kuala Lumpur. Again our speedboat will transfer you to the resort. One of the resort representatives will meet you on your arrival at the airport. ( For flight and ferry transfers you need to inform us in advance to arrange this transfer.)We have 18 rooms at the resort, which are perfectly clean, well maintained and all with incredible views. We serve authentic local food for evening dinner, changing its theme every night. Lunches are ala-carte and a mix of local and western.You will also enjoy a variety of cool beverages served at our restaurant and beach Bar. Watch the sunset with a tasty cocktail or have a glass of wine over dinner. Our room rates included half board, which is breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner.Some of the activities offered at the resort are, snorkelling, scuba diving, jungle tracking, fish feeding, fishing and island tours.The facilities which are available are, The Minang Spa, private jetty & beach, sun deck with loungers, sun shades, a library, fully equipped dive centre (with resident instructor) , laundry service and baby sitting. Room as well as beach towels provided.The overall atmosphere is very chilled and relaxed. Helpful, friendly staff providing an unforgettable experience, in your Island Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Minang Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minang Cove Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Minang Cove Pulau Tioman