“Nice middle east restaurant, resort”

Restaurant Al-Safina
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Kijal
Reviewed 20 December 2016

The restaurant/resort is all new, on the beach, with a nite playground. We ate at the restaurant upstair, furbished with traditional Arab-like shortlegged tables. The food is really good, not spicy hot at all. We had hummus with goat, lamb rice, chicken kebab, fresh fruits drinks and milkshakes. Only downside: maincourse was served before appatizers, and the drinks along with appetizers. Non big woop. I did not check the rooms, but the all resort looks great from the outside, with a wonderful brand new pool

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Went to alSafina for a dinner this time around since on my first trip to Kijalena we didn't opted to dine here despite it was recommended by Kijalena host Kak Rose. Despite arabic food is something familiar to us since we have it plenty in KL i.e. al Rawsya, Saba and many more; Al Safina is different. We were surprised on how good their foods are. Their kebab, shawarma and rice are simply delicious! And I must recommend you to try their lamb kebab...seriously. Pricing wise; Excellent!

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

On the expensive side but what do you expect when meats are involved. Nice atmosphere & setup. Restaurant is near the Penunjok beach

Reviewed 7 June 2016

Love the lamb haniff...love the succulent lamb juices drab in alum foil...OMG..,the ambience is also great...funny of the location since it is out of nowhere...but i guess once the food is good, you can park anywhere n still ppl be looking for you...

am coming back for this ramadhan

1  Thank RosazizanR
Reviewed 28 May 2016

It is rather unusual to be recommended by our homestay host to this Middle Eastern outlet all the way in this region where seafood is abundant. We ordered a variety of chicken & lamb dishes including kebab, mandy rice & hummus. The men enjoyed their meat thoroughly & I enjoyed the rice & bread with the mix platter of dips & hummus. I had my usual mint tea which is rather safe in any Middle Eastern restaurant but we can't say the same for their weirdly tasted Turkish coffee & I can only repeat what my friend said, "The taste curled up his toe nails." The ambiance has seen better days but then one must know, it's expensive to maintain a place next to the sea as the wear & tear is extremely high.

1  Thank HappyPassion