Coral View Island Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
  • Restaurant
New Cocohut & Cozy Chalets(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
  • Restaurant
Bayu Dive Lodge(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Cozy Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
D'Ayumni House(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
Eco Marine Perhentian Island Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Flora Bay Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
  • Restaurant
Perhentian Cabana(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights with my family. The room type was sea view with A/C room. This hotel was between " The reef" and " Mama's ' and near " Coral view".
The beach, which was in front of this hotel, was not beautiful and was not suitable for swimming and snorkeling. If you want to go snorkeling, I recommend you that you visit another beach. Perhentian Island has some amazing beach which are suitable for snorkeling, swimming and relaxing.
Before staying at here, I was afraid of it which cockroaches appear in our room.
But I had never seen cockroach in my room. In addition our A/C worked fully. So I felt this hotel was not bad.
I ate dinner at this hotel's restaurant every evening. Especially home made pizza became my daughter's favorite meal. I recommend this restaurant.
If the rate of sea view room was 150RM(4person), I gave 4 stars to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We did not stay here but we did all our diving and snorkelling trips here, even the restaurant sometimes. We were glad to have found them, no idea why they were not in Padi diving site and other diving centres did not recommend when others were full. The diving trips with them were perfect. We can even pay with credit card although with 3% charge. They have 3 diving trips daily, so we manage to maximize our diving with them. They prepare all the tanks, BCDs, wetsuit and weight belts for us, and still ensure we do our buddy check. The instructors were really friendly, we had two, 1 is Lee 1 is Nazrin, they explain in full the dive site we are going, signs of fishes we will see (there are alot) that we manage to grab some signs after the 1st dive. They organize in small groups, and maximize our diving time, makes a very satisfied dive. We get to know the types of fishes we saw during the debrief, providing some light snacks like bread, french toast, coffee, tea, orange juice... the boat does not have a ladder, so getting up to the boat after the dive can be a little hard. Of course we had our snorkeling trip with them, also a small group. We get to go to 5 different sites, making sure we get to see turtle, sharks, beautiful reefs and a lot of fishes. Restaurant staffs were nice, their food is fine, not pricy compared to the other restaurants since others are more expensive. They are malay operated, so the malay food was good. The price for the dive and snorkel is standard among all other dive centres.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Staff are accomodating. Rooms are old. Food are expensive - however the pizzas are good. Snorkling trip is good. By 22.00 hrs no activities but to sleep early. This is the 1st time went for holiday where the was no electrical socket to plug into. Snorkling trip rated as satisfactory. Wont go there again for the value of money paid.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank 8879idris
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This is the second time I took an accommodation/diving package with this company. The first time I was on a big budget, so I didn't mind the faults so much (although I did change my initial given room as there was a big hole in the floor which a mouse poked its head through as I watched!!)

Unfortunately for me, I didn't remember that it was such bad quality/condition there. The cabins are really old, run down, shabby and have rotting wood and holes all through them. Cockroaches! A constantly dripping shower meant a constantly wet bathroom floor. The sheets felt damp all the time. Not a pleasant feel to the cabin at all. No electrical sockets you can use in the cabins.

The restaurant service was very slow and often they were out of many menu choices. No chance of a hot drink before 8am. My friend and I got served our meals ONCE at the same time, out of 5 days, 3 meals a day, ordering at the same time.

I advise checking your bill thoroughly before you pay...leave time for it as you're checking out. Bad planning for me meant I was out of time as I went to pay the balance, and just gave it all a cursory check. Once I got home and went through it properly, I see I've paid too much balance, though it's not enough to go to the trouble of getting back to them for a refund. Disappointing!

On the positive side, the dive team, their service, equipment and day to day running of the dive shop is fantastic!!!! Couldn't fault them!

Room Tip: Dive with them, but stay next door at Mama's or The Reef.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Booking of this stay was quite prompt and polite via email.

The Watecolours' office on the mainland at Kota Besut was actually horrible. Upon arrival we were met by an elderly man smoking inside the office and at this point we not really sure of what the next steps were and how we actually get to the water taxi to the island. We also we had to arrange our return taxi from this office to the airport the office representative quoted us 75MYR and when we challenged the price (as we only paid 60 MYR) to get here, the office representative said that is the price and that is final - so obviously we paid. We were then walked by another man for about 5 minutes through the town to the water taxi collection area. The water taxi was also quite an experience, we were RAMMED on a small boat with everyone's luggage and other 12 other people. The journey took about 45 minutes, of which we were sitting on a broken seat and as the boat was at full speed across choppy water, you'd imagine any fun we initially felt for this experience was soon marred with the feeling of discomfort as the broken wooden seat was jabbed into your back. After the journey we stopped about 50 meters from the shore and were asked to throw ourselves and luggage onto another boat moored and we waited until another smaller boat collected us and took us to shore. Check in in was fine, staff seemed pleasant, their English quite good. The bungalows were very hot, but the windows had bars and fly screens so you could leave them open. They were in major need for repair and inside the brown walls made it very dark and when I opened one of the curtains to let some light in, one of them fell straight off the rail. The bathroom in our bungalow consisted of a standard toilet next to that was a shower with cold water only (online it was advertised as hot and cold). The bathroom walls were very moldy, overall the bathroom very dark and dingy. The rooms consisted of a double bed and bunks. The pillows themselves were dirty and the bed covers were quite basic and not the best - no top sheet, just a random synthetic type throw which in very hot climates was awful. The view from the balcony was quite nice and you could see the ocean through the gardens directly in front of the bungalows. There was also an air conditioner and a fan and one power point which gave me electric shock every time I used it. We also did not receive any clean towels or linens during our stay (and we were there for 5 nights).We also wouldn't recommend using their laundry service as some of my clothes are not the same again, necks stretched etc. There is wifi but often didn't work and is only accessible from the restaurant. The restaurant also was very overpriced and staff very disorganized. We often ate at other restaurants nearby who offered better quality food at far cheaper prices. At the end of our stay and once back at Kota Besut and their land office, we had another argument with their representative as he tried to give us a taxi to the airport that was barely roadworthy, this car was very shotty and had no a/c - something that was not acceptable for the price we had paid.

Overall – we knew that it was basic accommodation and did have a great time but we would not stay there again and sadly not recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple