See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I’m a super regular snokeller and diver in Redang.. due to my late confirmation to other resort, I booked this resort and bring my lovely sister and her family to have her 1st visit to Redang Island ... Honestly this place spoiled my holidays. I booked thru a irresponsibility agency “myEho” and never inform what time my boat is, and I missed the boat they ask me either take 3pm or go Merang Jetty and go in the island by speedboat. I decided to go Merang , the boat was late..
when we arrived , we need to wait for the shuttle to pick us (about 30mins), then once we reached resort, room is still under cleaning, we can’t check in yet. But this is only a beginning the night mare start now.
The resort supervisor told us,” we will provide u snorkeling equipment on the boat, just pick there” , then we wait at the beach for 30mins, no one is coming to us and told us to get on which boat, then we get on a CHINA tourist boat with a irresponsibility tour guide that stepping on the coral!!!! Before we depart, the boat man is asking anyone no life jacket or google,mask?!!! No one is responding.. ok then we go to the snorkeling site, after gear up we start jump into water. Just 1 min later,the tour guide as my sis to take off the snorkeling gear and claim that that’s belongs to his group not us. I pass my mask and google (I bring my own not provided by the stupid resort) to my sis and I sit on the boat. I’m really mad and I ask the boat man, why the supervisor said take the google and mask from you. He answer me with bad tone,” I’m only take 25sets, other not control by me”.. what the....!!!! Gosshhh... fine, as long as my sis and her family can snorkeling then I sit on the boat and take care the youngest son.
Then, the boat straight turn to 2nd spot, means what..? One of us gonna lost the the snorkeling AGAIN.
Once I back to resort I ask the resort staff, “ why we never get our gear and pay no respect to us..? We are not paying the same money to your resort?”
The staff said we suppose to follow 1st boat(but we like orphanages no one inform us at all) then the 2nd boat is only to bring us to the boat so they don’t provide us any equipment!!! But the first boat deny to take us, becos their boat is full ( the 2nd boat we go snorkeling boat was 30+ person but the first boat only 18) then we are abandoned then they HAVE to bring us together.
Ok my luck is really bad now. I ask so tomorrow how??!!! Tell me.. so I won’t get abandoned again..
2nd day after breakfast we are getting all my gear and going to marine park and Lang Tengah spots. The trip I got no complaints even there’s some small problem during we stop at the kampung baru Redang for lunch.
Then!!!! For the best memory , I want my sister and her family to see the sea turtle, to I pay for the boat to visit turtle, I ask the person in charge,” will u provide squid to feed the turtle?” He said , no worries, I will bring for you.” End up what’s happening??!!!
No squid left, boat deliver food was not coming in. The pity beach boy gets scold again by me and he said he brought some chicken can feed the turtle also.
I try to calm myself, and if there’s no turtle show up I gonna shoot this person fly up ceiling again!!! Lucky everyone saw the turtles.
Then,7pm + we return to resort. After bath we step in the canteen and order the “ala-carte” food.. u can’t imagine we FINALLY enjoy our dinner at 9.30pm+ , we were not only hungry is starving and feeling dizzy. Don’t think the bad thing is end!!
Last day morning, (this morning) I woke up at 7.30am and I ask ur ppl said my boat to Merang is 11am so what time I need to get ready, she said “pls get ready here BY 10am”
So I give up my check out snorkeling around the shore and pack everything then wait at the canteen at 9.30am.
Around 10.30+- I saw the staff busy calling phone, I know there’s something really bad gonna happen again. They not arrange shuttle for us. OMG!!! My fire is level 9 now!!!
Finally the shuttle came, he said”I’m not taking them to jetty cos I hv clients to FERRY!!! I pick them after I settle my clients”
10.45am ald !!! I’m not in the jetty but still waiting at the canteen!!! Around 11.10am the shuttle came back and send us to the jetty. Now!! Who I’m gonna ask for my boat ? Which boat I need to take?
I called the person in charge. Which boat I need to go? He said ,” orange top green uniform” I walk faster and go to the jetty, the boatman said ,” I’m going Lang Tengah not Merang “
Now lvl 99 Fire is up!!! I called the staff,” how many rounds u want to fool me around?” Tell me which boat!! He made a call and there’s another boat come to us. Finally, I get on the boat safe with my wife and sis family safe at 12.10pm.
I’m having a good memory with my family, but I’m having super nightmares with this resort!!
No organizations!!!
No management!!!
No system!!!
If u ask me, “don’t stay here!!!”
* they don’t even ask their guest to defog before start snorkeling, all mask is fogging when they “ENJOY” their snorkeling.. really really bad experience!!!!
No next time to REDANG PARADISE RESORT!!!!!

Room Tip: better read more review before u make your booking
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank RayC2859
Reviewed 21 November 2017

me and my friend enjoy much with this Redang Trip
Staffs here was friendly and helpful.Facility under normal circumstances.There was very strategic location 2 minites from the snorkeling point only
we will visit again thanks

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank chena425
TravelForte C, Staff at Redang Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Guest. We appreciate your positive feedback about our resort. We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can. If you’re traveling to our area again soon, don’t hesitate to call us.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Right in front is the beach, 2 minites from snorkel point where you can see all kind of fish, baby sharks. The hotel offer Swim with turtles which was amazing.
Staffs were nice, helpful.
The building, rooms are old though many bugs and water stay in the bathroom.
Still with air condition, wifi and TV, we enjoyed a lot.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my Friends stay in this Resort for 3D2N.. very strategic location with great people and hospitality. We have enjoy the stay and Redang is really a beautiful gateway for city people like us.

Pros: I can say one of the cheapest Resort in Redang but service is excellent.. rooms, foods, package. View is beyond expectation. What makes this Resort different from other is the hospitality that extended makes you feel home.

Cons: Not much on rooms as I understand from the staff this Resort due for some upgrade and renovation. BUT still the room is perfect for the price that paid. Not much complain unless you looking for something fancy, Redang serve you a lot of hotels.. Resort.. depends on your budget. For us is still comfortable stay.
Food selection perhaps more local cuisine especially Terenganu authentic food.

Overall, we have enjoy our stay for 3 days in this Resort. Thanks to Abg Man, Abg Juki, Nicky and the rest of Redang Paradise Team for making our stay enjoyable and feels like home. Adios!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicky D

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Rats in the rooms, specifically room 12. They kept us up all night running around. It was clear to see they live in the walls. Hotel were completely unapologetic and unhelpful. They obviously know they have a rat problem and I guess just hope the rats don't come out to play. We left a day early on the first boat out of there. The hotel have offered us a 15% off voucher if we were to stay again, there is no way in hell I would stay here again, so why would I want a voucher?!
What all other reviews say about bad toilets etc is also true. Considering it isn't even that cheap I think it's absolutely disgraceful. Beautiful island, but will forever have bad memories because of this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank Abigail R

We would like to apologize for your negative review experience at our resort. We greatly appreciate your review. We are working around the clock to solve the problems. Thanks and have a great day.