Auberge du Sud
Haven La Chance Desert Hotel(Hassilabied)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$32
Ksar Bicha(Merzouga)
US$83
Auberge Les Roches(Merzouga)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$53
US$48
Travelocity
Hotel Kasbah Kanz Erremal(Merzouga)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$104
Travelocity
US$61
US$58
Riad Nezha(Merzouga)
US$75
TripAdvisor
All reviewssand dunescamel ridedesert safariswimming poolberber suitestaff went out of their wayamazing duneserg chebbi duneslawrence of arabiacamel caravanmint teaowners and staffluxury tentsnice poolamazing experiencethe sun riseberber camp
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We had lunch and an afternoon rest here before departing on our camel trip into the desert. Dining is around a beautiful swimming pool with the desert viewed on the other side of the wall. I did not like the lunch pizza made from goats meat which resulted in me being hungry the rest of the day. The meat was under cooked and tasteless - a pity because it looked appetising. We could rest in a cool communal area. Would love to try the dinner and stay over.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank anetclinical
Reviewed 27 December 2017

My review is of the Auberge Cafe de Sud Desert Camp. From Cafe de Sud, we had a 90 minute camel ride into the Sahara Desert Dunes. While it is one of those Moroccan experiences you must try, I was glad when we reached the camp!

The Desert camp is nestled into the surrounding dunes. The camp consists of public tents for dining, treed public areas with plenty of Moroccan carpets to lounge around on. There are a number of private, accommodation tents with shower, toilet and basin. There were plenty of heavy blankets on the bed as the nights were cold when we were there. The night was incredibly quiet and the multitude of stars were a highlight.

There was plenty of food on offer, albeit not gourmet, the quality was honest and there was plenty of it both at dinner and breakfast.

But the real highlight here is to get up early and watch the sunrise over the magnificent dunes. You are in a perfect location to do that and this might have been the highlight of our trip to Morocco.

If you are going to Morocco you have to experience a night in the Sahara and we were happy with our choice.

Room Tip: Make sure you go to the camp in the desert.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Very very average ... looked at the reviews on trip advisor and decided to put it down as a third choice on our preferred list with Sahara desert trips ... unfortunately they put us up in this hotel.
We were very let down by the hotel choice ... the shower was broken .. the room was cold. The food served was cold and not warm. The fire place in the restaurant did not warm the whole place and our family struggled to get some warmth. Then our nightmare began at the camp ... it was extremely cold and the toilet was dirty. I had to wake up in the middle of the night and go over to the next tent to pick up more blankets for me and my family. The water kept running through the night ..
this review is not a reflection of Sahara desert trips but I think they should not put up their guests in this hotel.
Moroccan people are by nature very hospitable .. so they kind of make up for all the shortcomings but I would not stay in this hotel / inn no matter what !

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sindhubiju
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

The Auberge offers everything you could ask for and more! The grounds are exotic and well-kept with beautiful landscaping and architecture. There is a great pool area overlooking the Sahara desert, complete with nice pool furniture and tiki umbrellas. Dinner this time of year was very romantic, also overlooking the Sahara and the pool area. The food is to die for! Best of all, the staff was absolutely wonderful - friendly, happy and catering to everyone's needs with great enthusiasm. I believe the Auberge arranges camel-rides into the desert and has a desert camp, as well as quads/four-wheeling, among other things. And the drums!!! Evening drumming that guests can join in. It is very obvious that the owners and staff take pride in the accommodations they offer their guests. Enjoyed every minute!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2017

I think the hospitality was warm. I particularly liked the Staff and Manager at Reception. English of the staff was good. It was a large established hotel with many guests and was able to cater for large groups. It had a lovely Moroccan feel to it. I stayed in the adjacent Riad which was really nice and had a lovely small desert garden. Dinner was buffet and it was also good. My room didn't get cleaned one day which in the desert is a necessity but probably it was simply an oversight. Also you need to pay for bottles of water before you leave. I had assumed they were gratis and left without paying! I think in Morocco generally when you are travelling alone and are a woman you have to be careful of charlatans who target you. I don't blame this hotel for that, I am just giving a general warning to female solo travellers who read this review to be on your guard against this although obviously friendliness per se is a good thing. One final thing, wifi is bad at this hotel. I have stayed elsewhere in the vicinity of this hotel on another occasion where wifi was good so it is not just because of the location. I actually travelled October 2016 but the earliest TripAdvisor will let me pick is January 2017

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs in the Riad
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo