Hotel Villa Paraiso(Isla de Ometepe)
US$72
US$64
  • Free Internet
Xalli Ometepe Beach Hotel(Playa Santo Domingo)
  • Pool
Finca Montania Sagrada(Isla de Ometepe)
  • Pool
Casa Mauro(Moyogalpa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshowler monkeyssan ramon waterfallgreat hostsnature trailhorseback ridinglocal communityoff the beaten trackdelicious foodbumpy rideboard gamesother guestsmagical placevolcano hikekayaking tripmangostayed longerwe loved our stay
Reviewed 31 January 2016

Finca Mystica is very lovely, a perfect getaway. I stayed for two nights in January and wish I stayed a couple more. I stayed in the communal cabin, it was quiet even with a couple other bodies and had a really pretty washroom separate from the cabin. I would say this is where I had the best showers during my time in Nicaragua. Finca Mystica is located really close to the waterfall and you can hike directly from their property to the top of Maderas (totally worth it). Their property is also beautiful, you could have a well spent afternoon just taking in the flowers, feeding the neighbouring horses and ogling the clouds as they sweep over Maderas. Ryan and Angela are so nice and helpful, they come across as just good people and it really kind of feels like you are just hanging out with them and a bunch of their friends. They helped me get to the waterfall fo free, and hooked me up with a guide to hike the volcano (a guide is mandatory and a hella good idea). The food was also awesome, not really a lot of other places to eat nearby but that was not an issue for me, I liked everything I had, sandwiches, burritos, pancakes and smoothies galore! 10/10 would go again.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Emily D
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Beautiful garden setting at base of Volcano Maderas. Excellent dorm with large very comfortable beds. The hosts Ryan and Angela were very accommodating and the food was some of the best Hostal food I've tasted in all of Central America. The volcan Maderas hike and San Ramon waterfall hike can be walked starting right from Mystica.

If you do the waterfall hike there is a small family run outdoor restaurant a few hundred meters on the right as you are walking back to Finca Mystica and the have outstanding fresh squeezed lemonade. The place is fun as it is run by a 10 year old boy Alejandro and his 6 year old sister Marcella.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2016

My wife and I stayed at Finca Mystica for 4 days and wished we could have stayed longer. Ryan, Angela and their staff were awesome! To be honest, this wasn't our first choice as we were concerned with the remoteness of their location. Boy were we happy this was choice #2!! The location is great as it was out of the hustle and bustle of Moyogalpa. The casitas were clean and comfortable and all had amazing views. The food was outstanding. I am normally a big eater and my wife and I could split most meals (except for the the soup offerings and some of the dinner offerings). There are other restaurant options within walking distance, we just didn't feel the need to try them because the food at Mystica was that good! The vibe is relaxed and there is wifi for those that feel the need to be connected to home.

Stay here!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2016

Adult family of three just had a great two night stay at Finca Mystica. Wish we could have stayed longer y tenemos ganas a regresar.
The cottages and dormitory are clean, spacious and airy. The lodge is a beautiful and tranquil place to hang out, meet fellow travelers or be by oneself, and eat delicious meals. Dinners are always two options with two vegetarian choices. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are healthy, well presented, creative and delicious; Comida tipica or international flavor with home baked breads and sweeties daily. Lakeside swimming a nice 10 minute walk down the road. Walk or drive to San Ramon cascades 4.5 km away. Staff will also arrange day trips with/without guides to area sights including volcanoes and petroglyphs.
Do yourself a favor and check this place out!

Stayed: January 2016
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

My best friend and I just stayed for 3 nights after a recommendation from US friends. Waking up, the view out of the cabins windows was breathtaking, the food was delicious, I always had everything I felt like eating and drinking such as tea and ice cold fruit smoothies to cool me down.
Sitting at night with the other guests was very pleasant as we mingled and shared our travel stories.
The service was exceptional, Ryan and Angela are absolute legends who made the stay icing on the cake.
Beds are comfortable, as are pillows, and the best of all was the pitch black to fall asleep to. I truly felt like I was at the base of an epic mountain surrounded by forest.

I climbed Maderas, saw the waterfall, and they made it all so easy. Communication was fast and perfect. I normally never return twice anywhere but would 100% return here.

This is THE place to stay on Ometepe without a doubt!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends