Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$153
US$105
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

US$212
Aart Court(Lagos)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewslarge groundssea facing roomvictoria islandolympic size swimming poolwould highly recommend this hotelbusiness lunchbreakfast buffetroom servicefood and beverage managertennis courtsup to datebusiness triphotel guestsother hotelsvisiting lagosrooms are comfortablef b
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

This tops the list of hotels in Lagos for me.

Courteous staff, clean rooms, excellent amenities, good food n wide variety too. Breath-taking view (from my room), awesome background music to soothe your soul. Did I say courteous staff?

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed in this place three nights whilst on business in Lagos.
Very friendly atmosphere, and a lovely decor. When entering there, after a busy day, one feels like out a noisy city like Lagos.
Rooms are comfortable, and wide. The view of the ocean is beautiful.Staff very friendly and professional.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
david_kliegl, General Manager at The Federal Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Mhkebe
Thank you for your review of the Sun Federal Palace Hotel & Casino following your recent stay. Indeed the hotel offers tranquility in the heart of the city and we are fortunate to have the gardens and the waterfront views that we do. We are glad that you found the rooms comfortable and the service professional. We look forward to welcoming you back when next you are in Lagos. Kind regards, David Kliegl.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I was a long term guest whilst on a business trip to Nigeria. The Federal Palace is by far the best hotel in Lagos. It is situated in the heart of Victoria Island (the CBD) yet you would not know it. The hotel has large immaculately kept gardens which border the lagoon and as such you are shielded from the noise of Lagos. It is hard to believe that you can find peace and quiet in Lagos but this is the place!

The facilities are first rate. The pool is large and ideal for swimming lengths. The tennis courts are in excellent condition. The gym is well equipped and air conditioned with plenty of cold water and fresh towels. The public spaces are ideal for business meetings with the comfortable seating spread far enough apart so that you can conduct your meeting in relative privacy. Ideal for a business traveler.

The restaurant menu is extensive so there is something to suit all tastes. I would recommend the Prawn Suya - the prawns here are the size of small lobsters! The breakfast buffet is amazing - a huge selection.

The rooms are very comfortable and well laid out. Very spacious with good views into the port. The are kept spotlessly clean by the very friendly housekeeping staff. The laundry service is very efficient and the standard of the ironing is very high.

Most pleasing of all is the attitude of the staff. Everyone is extremely polite and welcoming. They take genuine pride in their work. There is always a smile on their faces and nothing is too much trouble. The managers from every department are leading their people well - always in the background and leading by example which is infectious.

Thanks Federal Palace for making my long stay such a pleasure. I would highly recommend this hotel. I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the sea view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Barnaby
Thank you for your review following your stay at the Sun Federal Palace Hotel & Casino. We were delighted that you have found so many facets of the hotel, gardens and grounds, food and service enjoyable, especially as they all stood the test of time. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back when next you are in Lagos. Kind regards David Kliegl

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I stayed here with my family for 3 nights and it was a lovely experience. My children loved their swimming pool - designed for all ages with very shallow areas for children and the deep end for experienced swimmers. The swimming pool slides were such fun even my wife and I look forward to reliving the experience. The hotel is built by the sea and atmosphere here is beautiful. You can just walk around the greenery by the secure seaside - especially after a meal since there is an access directly from the restaurant. Let me summarise the experience:

Location
Right in the heart of high brow Victoria Island and very easily accessible

Checking In
Very easy and professional

Rooms
Nice, neat, cosy etc. Very comfortable beds and pillows. I find their rooms too cold - even when the ACs are off - personal quirk, I am sure some people will love this

Security
Excellent

Restaurant and Food
Great meals. Awesome ambiance. My children loved every bite

Internet
Available. Fast. Free

Facilities
Many more than you may choose to use - especially if your stay is short. I am in love with their swimming pool

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean - preferably from the 4th floor up. The view can be amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Enrique_U
david_kliegl, General Manager at The Federal Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Enrique_U
Thank you for your rave review of the Sun Federal Palace Hotel & Casino following your recent stay. We were delighted to read your rave complimentary comments about all the aspecst of the hotel and the swimming pool. Good food, comfortable bed, great service and fast internet are all important components of the services on offer and we are glad that the entire family used and enjoyed them. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Sun Federal Palace Hotel & Casino when next you are in Lagos. Kind regards, David Kliegl

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Stayed in this hotel several nights and overall, as the title says, the stay was just "okay." While the hotel tries to compete with other high end hotels, it needs to step up its game in several areas. First, when the hotel does decide to do a renovation, something it is currently in need of, the guest room bathrooms should be first on the list (see photos). The bathrooms have one of the mid-90's design elements - a half door on the shower with no shower curtain or full enclosure. This is a huge mistake. To take a shower means spraying the bathroom with water to the point of near flood. I used every last towel trying to mop it up before leaving my room for the day. Second, the breakfast buffet. Every morning when I went down to breakfast, it was hit and miss as to whether or not I would be able to get a cappucino in the breakfast room. There is a machine, but I'm under the impression that not everyone knows how to work it because on at least 2 occassions, the server went up to the bar to get the cappucino/espresso, but alas, that I finally got it toward the end of my dining experience. The other issue is that almost everything on the hot buffet was tepid - at best. The bacon was cold and tough, sausages were, too. The only thing that was warm was the omelet that was made-to-order, but that was only if someone was there to make the omelet. The main restaurant was just okay, but not something to write home about. The hamburger was covered in a spicy sauce with cucumbers (not pickles) lettuce and tomato. The internet, when it worked, was pretty good, except for the fact that my connection kept cutting out every 1-5 minutes. It would briefly cut out, then I'd have to re-establish the connection, continue, and then repeat the process 5 minutes later. Then there was the elevator situation. One elevator was out of order for our entire stay which often caused quite a wait depending on the time of day. Finally, attention to detail and service needs to be stepped up. One night we ordered room service, when they brought the bottle of wine we ordered, they didn't bring a cork screw, by the time they brought it back, dinner was finished. Another day, housekeeping didn't leave us any towels, when we called for towels, they brought one. The saving grace is the bed, which is comfortable, but beyond that, I think I can find better elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business