Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$47
US$42
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreams
US$42
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2015

We came to Herceg Novi without a booking and it was hot and we were really glad when we stumbled across this 'hotel' for 30eur a night per person incl breakfast. I thought it was charming altho the rooms we got were possibly the worst rooms in the place, but it didn't bother me much, since we came to be on the beach and there was aircon and a bed and it was last minute without any prior booking.

There is a really charming terrace and an indoor swimming pool and those were the nicest features of the place. Also, although the climb up the hill is steep, it wasn't that far from the beaches.

I liked the landlady, she was friendly and tried to accommodate us, but the place seems to be run by her staff some of whom were quite rude to us. They behaved as if they wished you weren't there at all. They skimped on breakfast and if you asked for a second cup of coffee sometimes they would tell you there is no more coffee. (there was a kitchenette in one of the rooms we rented so at least I was able to make some of my own sometimes) but I came on vacation and not to beg for food in the morning (if the landlady wasn't around they would refuse to fix some eggs for my son, etc.) and I actually decided to move on and just have my breakfast in one of the restaurants by the beach. For the life of me, I don't understand why there wasn't a simple buffet so we could choose food we wanted. (i.e. I am vegan, and while I didn't expect special food, I hoped for some fresh vegetables at least, or some eggs (other than boiled) for some of my family members who don't eat cold meat cuts, etc.)

Other than that, they would close the pool at 8pm which is extremely early during the summer when it is still likght outside, and in fact, the landlady's husband (I assume only a co-owner would behave so rude) threatened my mother he would kick her out of the place if she stayed in the pool and told her she must not enter the pool area in her slippers (a very slippery area btw) because she will make the place dirty and that my kid must not play with the ball. That was unbelievable! It was before our last night thankfully so we handled the rest of the stay somehow (we had paid already, although I suggested we just leave anyway, but we were 5 of us and it would have been complicated to find a place to stay for just one night)

During our stay, another guest's car was impounded from the place where the landlady told them to park and they were charged 150EUR to get it back and the landlady told them she couldn't help with that and that some neighbours called them in. Ask about LEGAL parking in advance! Those people just left a day in advance altho they paid for another day, they were that disappointed and angry.

Also, wifi, worked only from the steps at the entrance and the husband of the landlady would sometimes chase us away if we tried to use it 'late at night' - after 8 pm!

However, to be fair - if it was just me, or a couple without kids, there is something very romantic about the place. And maybe if you didn't talk to staff much or if you only spoke English or another language, you wouldn't realize their rudeness or maybe they would be nicer to you in general.

Personally, after my mum's encounter with the landlady's husband and the threats, I wouldn't even think of staying there again, but if it wasn't for that, in the peak of the season, it wasn't that bad. And I think the landlady is professional, she is probably just skimping on staff.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2015

We couldn't have found a nicer place to stay. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, the view was amazing and the breakfast was delicious.

The room gets cleaned everyday.

The hotel is run by a German lady and the breakfast was typical German: Bread, cheese, salami, ham, fresh tomatoes, eggs however you like them, coffee or tea, juice and in addition to all this there was also homemade cake and other delicious things, like zucchini fritters, fresh peaches or pancakes. The vegetables and fruits were all from their own garden.

The landlady Margot was wonderful. She sorted out hire cars and taxis for us and gave us good advice where to eat.

I think most of the rooms overlook the sea, the view alone is worth booking this B&B.

There is also an indoor pool and a sauna for rainy days.

We also liked the night porter although he didn't speak our language and we didn't his, we had lively conversations about the garden and the weather.

The location of the B&B is perfect. It takes you a few minutes to get to the beach and the promenade that runs along the town with all its nice sea facing restaurants and it's not far into the old town.

We will definitely come again. Thank you again for a wonderful stay! Vielen Dank nochmal fuer alles!

Room tip: A room overlooking the Bay of Kotor is a must!
Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed 23 July 2015

My parents stayed in that hotel for a night.
The landlady is unfriendly and is trying to save money on absolutely everything.
She even wanted to be paid for making a call, when they asked her to call a taxi.
The breakfast was horrible: very bad quality, dirty, coffee tasted like water, and served on plastic tablecloths.
If you are not a big fan of dirt and doggy food - I definitely won't reccommend it.
There are much many nicer and cheaper villas around Herceg Novi.

Room tip: don't choose at all
Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank bogJP
Reviewed 19 February 2015

The hotel Margot is located in Savina, the beautiful part of Herceg Novi, 50 m from the beach and one mile from the old part of the city. Even the hotel dates from 1995 it is perfectly preserved and clean. No wonder when the owner of the hotel is a women from Germany called Margot. In February Herceg Novi is quiet and almost no tourists. When it is not raining the town is ideal for long walks along the coast. During our stay it had been very nice sunny weather. So we spent a nice holiday in this hotel and town.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Minatas
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had vacations in Villa Margot few times times, and every time it was OK, and every next one was better.

It's a nice place, every year with better features and offer. Nice folks, maybe to close (I prefer professional relation) but in general, they are all kind. Villa is close to the sea, rooms are not of quality for the price you pay, but that is everywhere in Montenegro.

Sea view is great if you have room on first or second floor. Swimming pool is good (closed type), but there is no one there too keep the rules, so sometimes you can get nervous because of kids jumping over your head, or people staying in for hours.

There is internet, A/C, fridge in every room, in apartments more.

There is nice space in front of the Villa, with big palm tree, surrounded with garden, where we spent most of the time (it's close to the swimming pool) relaxing in sounds of the sea, and peace.

I want to stress, this is end of August, so there is no too much people there in that time, I believe when Villa is full, it not so calm and relaxing. Because Herceg Novi, where Villa Margot is placed, doesn't have good beaches, swimming pool means a lot.

Disappointment is really bad and limited parking. Breakfast is good, but same things are repeating every day and you can not eat as much as you need. Also, there is some funny things like, if you take a coffee for breakfast, you can't get a yogurt or milk, and similar.

You can also arrange a lunch and dinner, but for additional payment from 10 to 20 euro, depends what you want. I don't like their food, but that is only my taste, maybe someone will like it - they don't have a chief, ladies from Villa prepares on their own recipe, so it's a kind of gamble, may be good, may be not - like home food.

Anyway, I would recommend Villa Margot, for end of August, or September vacation.

As everywhere in Montenegro, most of the job is done by nature, so you'll enjoy here in that, and also in beautiful old town of Herceg Novi.

Not for people of really high standards or the spoiled one. Complete place is on the side - it's called "town of thousands of stairs" - so be prepared for hard walks or driving.

We might visit them again, I believe.

Room tip: Ask for the rooms at the corners, if possible those on front-right. Ask in advance for parking.
Date of stay: August 2013