“lovely view & great food”

Mamas Coral Beach Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 134 Restaurants in Hikkaduwa
Price range: US$1 - US$60
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018

we could spend the entire day here and enjoy! beautiful rooftop and great food! the staff could be more attentive and that was the only dampener.

dilankadiaz, Manager at Mamas Coral Beach Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear
Guest Thank You for your comments little correction ROOFTOP in Mamas we dont have any rooftop you may in a different place

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This place has to be worth a visit and this had to be the one of the places you have to stop. Good food, good atmosphere and great staff. You can’t really go wrong and Prakash and his team will look after you and you won’t be disappointed that’s a promise

dilankadiaz, Manager at Mamas Coral Beach Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for the visit. Appreciate your comments

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous large bar on the beach, serving the best peanut butter milkshakes I have ever had! Staff are very attentive and friendly. Came here a few times throughout my stay in Hikkaduwa and I'll recommend this joint to anyone.

dilankadiaz, Manager at Mamas Coral Beach Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for the visit. Appreciate your comments

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We visited here having passed it during a walk earlier in the day and were looking for a change from the hotel.

The place was full of local stray dogs, whining and bothering people who had food. No attempt was made by staff to stop them or move them on.

The food:

My Wife ordered a ‘prawn cocktail’ - She received a couple of tail on prawns, on a cabbage base (usually lettuce) with a very poor sauce (it wasn’t a Mary rose sauce or even close)

I ordered a Nasi Goreng - Which sss described as “Traditional, with an prawns, egg and satay chicken. I received burnt rice, with maybe a little “meat”, seemingly no prawns (although I was assured there were 4 chopped in), over cooked in what tasted like burnt soy sauce rice and 3 small skewered pieces of chicken, WITH TOMATO SAUCE... When I queried where my “Satay sauce” was, the waiter walked off and came back with PEANUT BUTTER on a small plate... which still had the obvious knife scoring, clearly no attempt made at a satay sauce.

Overall, of my 2 weeks in Sri Lanka and in all my life of trying Nasi Goreng (I had it in 3 other places in my 2 weeks), this was by far the worst and most inedible meal I had. Although it seemed like more of a bar than restaurant, even for ‘pub-grub’ standards this was very very poor.

As a management we feel very shocked and worried about food standard what you received we are really appreciated its pointed out we are taking very seriously in this matter.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We went here based on the reviews this place got. We started with a bruschetta wich was on very old bread and mostly union. Then we had fish and chips and a chicken burger. Fries were very soft and the chicken burger was dry. The fish was okay as was dessert (banana fitter).

dilankadiaz, Manager at Mamas Coral Beach Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear
Guest our apologize SUB STANDARD quality food on your occasion we are looking into this matter seriously.